Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

iron Man-Black Sabbath

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by xpcapox, Apr 12, 2005.

1. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    [​IMG]
    i was wondering if anyone could tab out the circled parts for me.
    I can read bass cleff but I cant read it fluently to bass,I've get everyhting down except the circled parts,if you could help,that would be awsome.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    No offense, but if ya can read bass cleff you can tab it yourself ;).
    http://www.basstabarchive.com/cgi-bin/tab.cgi?tab=b/black_sabbath/iron_man.btab
    There's a tab that I used back when I used to cover it, and IIRC it's right on.

Ray

3. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    the tab you provided is in a different key,the piece im playing is for my schools concert band.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    go to download.com and download noteworthy composer, fill in the notes, and it will play it back for ya.

:smug:

5. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    You're school is playing Iron Man? Wow, when I was in school the heaviest song we played was "Helter Skelter" and they only let us do that with no lyrics...

6. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    yeah,we dont have the chorus singing or anything. my teacher is putting in an order for enter sandman which should be fun,

7. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    This must be some kind of arranged version. That descending line in the first bar looks like a riff from the break in Deep Purple's "Highway Star"

Slug

8. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    yeah it is,its weird some part of the osng have like the chorus and verse mixed,its weird.

9. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Wanna know something funny? Take a look at that sheet and notice the arranger's name....Dave Henning. Dave was my son's Band Director at Creekeview High School in Carrollton, Texas a couple of years ago. He also arranged some other old metal tunes, like "Slick Black Cadillac" from Quiet Riot. I guess he was an old headbanger back in his college days!

:bassist:

:cool:

10. jadesmar

jadesmar

Feb 17, 2003
    Ottawa, ON
    Sure,

1st bit (F-minor pentatonic/blues scale descending)
    -(10)-8--------------------
    ------10-9-8-6-8-6--------
    --------------------(8)-6--
    ---------------------------

2nd bit (C minor pentatonic/blues scale ascending)
    -------------------------------
    ---------------------8-9-(10)--
    ------------8-8-9-10-----------
    -(8)-8-8-11--------------------

2nd bit repeats once.
    Bracketed notes are the pattern roots.

11. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    thanks a lot dude. its helps a lot cause i actually did it but screwed up. thanks bunches

12. jadesmar

jadesmar

Feb 17, 2003
    Ottawa, ON
    Cheers,

I think it is more useful that you tried it first and then were able to correct any small errors with my assistance.

I didn't see the 3rd circled part, looks like another C-minor pattern.
    Coming out of a Db (4th fret A string - index finger) I would shift 1/2 position up and play here:
    ---------------
    -8-6-5--------
    --------8-6---
    ------------8-

Have fun.

13. Hah, for the basketball pep band, I played that exact sheet of music. The beginning part is very similiar to the riff that specifically comes in after the solo section in the real song.

Can't remember what you circled...

Most of the parts are doubled by some other instrument if I remember correctly, so listen to them.

Enjoy.