1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Irony of the day...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Strat-Mangler, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Inactive

Aug 15, 2010
    Fiancee struggling & rushing to get out the door for a specific time this AM.

<Me> : "Everyday, it's the same deal. Why not put your alarm-clock to 5-10 min earlier?"
    <Her> : "I don't have time to discuss it."

In her haste, I doubt she appreciated the irony of her answer. ;)

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Somehow she may even find a way to blame you for this... My wife's good for that.
    Wait....shouldn't this be in the "the things my significant other does that drive me crazy" thread!?? :p

3. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    Welcome to life with women.

My wife does the same crap. Complains about how something is always going wrong, I suggest a logical change that would solve her problem, I get the angry stare and she keeps on doing things the same way.

4. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Inactive

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes........

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Do it for her. She won't have time to notice.

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    WIN!

7. mkandolf

mkandolf

Nov 21, 2007
    Saint Clair, MI
    I did that for my wife one time... I set all the clocks and watches in our apartment way back when an hour ahead to make sure we got to my aunt's wedding rehearsal on time. We still got there an hour late.

They know. They somehow know. It's an internal closk thing they have! I swear!

8. Agreed on *this belongs in that other thread BBB(blah bah blah), as does the following- my wife thinks cars are pretty much the same as the old-school Star Trek *transporter*- you get in, turn the key..
    evil-kirk.jpg
    and POOF/swershh vweeeeeep-ahhh, you are THERE. Travel time? What's that?

9. BelleNoireBass

BelleNoireBass

Apr 18, 2012
    Bay Area
    You guys need to learn that when a woman is complaining about something to you, she doesn't want a solution for her problems.

10. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    Women don't want solutions, they want empathy. My ex was totally incapable of rational thought for several days each month. That's why I would never vote for a female Presidential candidate unless she was post-menopause.

11. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    My wife does...sometimes. Knowing when she does and when she doesn't is the tricky part.

12. Yup! Even when they say "what do you think?" you should tread very lightly.

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Ironically, I saw this thread earlier this morning, but didn't have time to read it. I told myself I would check back on it later.

-Mike

14. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Inactive

Aug 15, 2010
    Nah, not her style at all. I'm lucky in that regard. She never has an attitude no matter the situation.

There wasn't an ounce of snarkiness in my suggestion, either.

I'd set her phone's alarm to 5 min earlier, but she'd go back to sleep for an extra 5 min instead. lol!

And as far as empathy versus solution is concerned, here's the trick. When she's upset (annoyed, crying, whatever), just said that you're sorry X happened to her. Wait 1h or so and then say "Oh, I just thought of something that might help you." It's amazing how more receptive somebody can be once emotions don't run high. :)

15. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    "A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
    H. L. Mencken

16. Rbryant

Rbryant

Jan 14, 2012
    I would also translate "I don't have time to talk about it" as "Discussion closed". I used to wait until later in the day to bring up things my wife would express she didn't have time to talk about. Yeah...newlywed mistake. Learned real quick on that one.