Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Irritating Gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ladros2, Aug 27, 2005.

1. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    Just played a gig with two bands, my own, and as a stand in. First band on, AC/DC without the talent and too much self confidence. Twenty minute set, play for thirty five! And they knew they were well over. The organiser, my friend, tells everyone they have to cut a song, so my band's set is down to five songs. Once we're done, the organiser's band comes on, with me filling in, plays seven songs, full set. Then, when we're done, i unplug and walk off, only to find we're doing ANOTHER song!!! Nice of them to tell their bassist...

Pfft, unappreciative....

Plus side, great soundman, complimenting me on my rig, showing me his 2x18 bass bins that he wishes he had used.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Meh, I never mind having to play an encore! And if a band goes over... meh, it happens. Yeah, they're asses for knowing it, and not caring, but does it matter THAT much? ;)

-Ray

3. Hey!

You played an other song, that's all good, more times to go on stage!! :)

Vince

4. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    I was packed up when they started, i don't like any of their songs, especially this one, California from the O.C., and i didn't know it, so i had to keep my eyes on the guitarist because i couldn't hear him.