Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Irritating Macromedia Popup only on Talkbass

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by AaronS, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Since this weekend I have been getting very irritating popups from Macromedia suggesting that I install their software every time I click on a thread, or a forum, or even hit the "back" button. This happens only on Talkbass and both at home and at work. I am assuming that Paul made some sort of deal with Adobe and it has gotten out of hand. Is there anyway to control or modify this? It is irritating me to the point that I am starting to think about not visiting. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I haven't had a problem with this at all. I use FF 1.0.7...

Just an FYI... :)

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Hehehe. If I were big enough to make a deal with Adobe (Macromedia?), I'd be in the Bahamas right now ;) The popup is for Flash. Either you don't have the Flash plugin installed, or there's something wrong with the one you do have installed. We run flash banners for several advertisers (Eden, Line 6, etc etc).

4. Maybe you would own your own symphony, huh?:hyper: I don't know why this just started happening this weekend both at work and at home, since I've always gotten the flash banners just fine before with no popup ads from Macromedia. I guess it's not some Talkbass special. I will have to look into this further. Thanks, Paul.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I got the same thing - the trouble is if you are logging on at work, often things are "locked out" , so you can't up-date.... as allowing your PC to run programs is a good way to spread viruses. :meh:

6. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I would suggest insisting that your workplace join the other 97.3% of internet users and install the Flash plugin ;)