Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is 250-300 a ok amount for buying a used bass amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by westendrioter29, Feb 24, 2002.

1. i have been playing for 2 months and i have $100 now and my mom will give me from 250-200 for my comfermation. i am wondering if this will be enought to buy like a combo that is like 175-200 watts?

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    look here,

www.carvin.com

not used of course. So I guess the answer is yes. If you can buy new for that price you should be able to find something used.

3. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Of course, it all depends on what brand and model of amp you buy.

4. If you pay no more than 66% of new-discount price for used production equipment, you can almost always get your money back when you sell it. This rule of thumb works very well on eBay sales.

5. Well i was in love with the Hartke HA-3500 sound and really wanted an HA7000 for extra headroom. Imgine my surprise when i found i as a demo unit oon sale for $100. So yeah I would say you can get a good amp for $250-300. You wont find anything like Eden for that price but I feel you pay for the name of Eden alot ( not that Eden isnt good).