Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is $75 for a BP8 good?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steve-o, Jun 23, 2002.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i went up to samash today and saw this for $100.
    i wanted one bad. so i asked a salesman if he can help me out on this. he says he will be back.
    he comes back and says $75 is the best i can do.
    is this a good price? ti worked and didn't look bad.
    as in scratches.

does anyone have something for cheaper?
    i am looking for something about this size.
    can any one help me out?
    thanks
    steve

2. You still end up with a digital POS multi-effect so I'd say no; $75 is not good.

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    If you have tried one, like it and intended to pay more then yes it's a good price.

The definition of a bargain is to pay half price for something you never wanted. :)

4. Sorry...just being a smart-ass. MultiFX absolutely bite IMO...having gone that route extensively in the past. Scrolling through menus is not how I want to spend a night...but that's irrelevant...
    :p

5. forgive my ignorance but what the hell is a BP8... its obviously some multi-fx thingie so its probably not a good deal regardless but what is it anyway?

6. I guess the guy didn't ask if we thought multi-fx sucked or not (they do)...we're not "picking on the newbie" are we...?

7. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Considering these go for about $370 new and $175-200 used $75 is a good deal. Whether or not the BP8 is a good effect in itself is another debate.

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Boy this is a tough room:D I think if your looking to try out what different effects sound like, and will do for you........a cheap multi-efx is a good idea! He can get better dedicated pedals of the ones that rock his world later. The BP8 is not that great......but it's a heck of a lot better than the Zooms and other 100.00 and under units! 75 bucks is a good deal IMHO.

9. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    why am i a newbie?
    just because i want a multi effects pedal?
    that doesn't qualify as a newbie
    now if i had a whole bunch of money i would buy seperate pedals.
    i have a wah pedal. i want a distortion pedal.a compressor.a chorus.bassballs.
    any one know where i can get these for cheap?
    steve

10. Get a job

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    actually i have a job. i just bought a MIA jazz
    and i have a $800 worth of car insurance due.

steve

12. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I would steer clear of anything made by digitech. I've heard too many horror stories involving their stuff spontaneously failing. From what I've heard it would seem that their products are not built well on a consistent basis. Of course YMMV, but I just thought I'd throw that little caveat in there. Of course if you've decided the BP-8 is what you want/need, then $75 seems alright.

13. So why do you want to spend more money?

BTW, my car insurance is over $300 a month :eek: luckily my parents pay half of it.

14. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

From what I gather the BP-8 for $75 seems good! I considered getting one of them but managed to hold out long enough for Boss to release the GT-6B - which is fantastic!!! But hey, the Boss is maybe a bit above your $75 bargain!