Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is $750 a good deal for a 2001 Warwick Corvette Pro-Line 5-string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PaulYeah, Jun 24, 2004.

1. PaulYeah

PaulYeah

Mar 1, 2004
    Dallas, TX
  2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea its a pretty decent deal. Not a steal but its good.

3. 750 for a good condition proline is not a bad deal. But I'd be a little worried about that guy's feedback rating. Thats one of those I'd have to see in person to buy just becasue of his rating.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'd say its a pretty good deal. They list for $1999.99, sell for $1,679.99 and $750 ain't too bad in that respect. However they CAN be had cheaper.

Try to get a phone number, talk to him in person, and insist on sending payment to a home address only. His feedback is almost enough to be wary about, but he could be the real deal with one bad auction early in his career.

5. PaulYeah

PaulYeah

Mar 1, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    There have been some threads about what is considered a "professional level" bass. Is this a bass for aspiring pro players, or do pros stick to FNAs, Dolphins and Thumbs?

PaulYeah

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Pros don't limit themselves to any particular level of instrument. Jason Newsted plays $4000 Sadowsky's, while many use cheap, CHEAP instruments like MIM Fenders and Squiers. Any instrument can be used by pros.

7. PaulYeah

PaulYeah

Mar 1, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    He's now offering it for $720. Right now, I have a MIM Fender Jazz Deluxe V and a Yamaha RBX775. Will this bass feel like a gigantic step up?

Thanks for holding my hand through this. I needs lots of support to make a purchase of this magnitude!

PaulYeah

8. fragcon

fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Its a good deal. List price is $2,099 so your getting it way below 50%. Your actaully getting it for 33.4% of the list price hehe. I think its a great step up from any fender. I dont like fender.