Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is $850 too much for an SWR Megalith 8x10

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by str8nnarrow, Aug 6, 2002.

1. str8nnarrow

str8nnarrow

Aug 5, 2002
    I'm selling it but nobody is bitting. It's only been used twice and still under warranty.

2. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    That's an awesome deal. You might want to try this in the amps forum.

3. str8nnarrow

str8nnarrow

Aug 5, 2002
    why won't anybody bite then, is it cuz it seems to good to be true or something?

4. Musiciansfriend.com has it listed at $1400. You have a decent price but it's a fairly expensive piece of equipment. How many people need an 8x10 and are willing/able to shell out the necessary dough?

You only posted it yesterday. Maybe you need to give it time. Also, you might want to try other advertising mediums as I bet not all bassists have heard of Talkbass.

5. str8nnarrow

str8nnarrow

Aug 5, 2002
    It's been on ebay and the recycler and stuff. The one guys who's been interested lived in Alabama and it's too expensive to pay shipping and handling.

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    well...honestly if you posted it a week ago and lived closer (as a matter of fact where do you live - should put in a location so people don't just assume you're not local) i probably would have bought it.

but shipping on such a thing will be RIDICULOUS. that's why you should scope out a local deal. maybe put it in yoru paper? on consignment at a local store? try bassgear.com and the dudepit @ www.vintagebass.com

7. str8nnarrow

str8nnarrow

Aug 5, 2002
    Thanks for the info... I live in Garden Grove by the way. I'll check out those places.