Is a Fretless MTD Kingston Worth my Money?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkSlapper, Mar 12, 2002.

1. I checked out the fretless MTS Kingston at and I am strongly considering ordering it. I have never played one, but was wondering if any of you have. I have heard some good things about it but would like some more info. Any input is greatly appreciated!
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If the fretted is ANY indication, it will be a bass worth not only every penny, but quite a few more pennies. my K5 is the best bass under 1000, bar none, and it's better than some of the 1500 basses I have played.
    Got MTD man, it's a great place to be. (No, I don't work for him...I just hope if I plug MTD enough, he'll give me free stuff! :D)
  3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Isn't that close enough?:D
    Funk Slapper, why don't you go to a music store and try out some basses? If you like it and MF has it cheaper, order one from them. I like the look of the Kingstons, but I'm yet to play one (both the San Jose and Concord GCs are 30 miles away in opposite directions).
  4. DonovanBankhead

DonovanBankhead Banned Commercial User

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Owner -; Vice President - Springfield Music
    Actually, why don't you go to your local store and try some basses, and see what you like. If you like a bass, and Musician's Friend has it for less $$$, ask the store if they will match MF's price.
  5. The problem with goin to the store to try the MTD is that none of the local music stores have any in stock.
  6. I've heard a lot about the fretted version, but since I don't know a lot about fretlesses, I'm not sure whether that quality will show through in the fretless version.....
    Does anyone know if the quality changes in the fretless models???