Is a Gator 3U Shallow an upgrade for me?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Orpheus55, Oct 9, 2011.

1. I'm using a battered old SKB SU shallow X-rack for my GK700RBII, and it works fine but for the endlessly annoying twist-on/off rear panel (one tab broke and the panel was promptly replaced by SKB, thankfully). I also have trouble with the lower edge interfering with my connections. I've been looking at either a 2U or 3U Gator shallow, as they look well-made and have a real detatchable rear cover but have heard horror stories about the latches rattling or being generally loose; also see that they look wider and heavier. I like the more streamlined 2U, but some say the 3is better for ventilation, as the GK fan is on top. Any suggestions from rack-users out there? The 3U SKB ATA is more than I'd like to spend at the moment.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021