1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is a GS-112 tweeter pop normal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ccyork, Apr 22, 2004.

1. ccyork

ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    USA
    When I dig in hard I hear a pop from the tweeter on my Aguilar GS-112. It's kind of like a transient. If I turn down the tweeter, or just play lighter I don't hear the pop. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? TIA :confused:

2. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Never had that happen with my GS112's unless there are surges from my appliances that go on while playing or when I turn off my amp. What's happening to you doesn't seem right.

3. Fred Labbidie

Fred Labbidie Guest

Apr 22, 2004
    Doesn't sound right to me either! But....when I used to dig in hard, my fingers hit the pole pieces on the pickups and make a popping noise. Another possibility is that you're clipping the amp, since it sounds fine when you turn down. Whenever I blew tweeters in any cabinet, they just went dead. Just some ideas.

4. ccyork

ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    USA
    Thanks for the idea. I went back and did a little more experimentation, trying a different bass, and looking at the the bass instead of the cabinet, and I believe the source of my pop is the string slapping against the fret. Just a variation on fretbuzz. Thanks again!