Is a GS-112 tweeter pop normal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ccyork, Apr 22, 2004.

1. ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    When I dig in hard I hear a pop from the tweeter on my Aguilar GS-112. It's kind of like a transient. If I turn down the tweeter, or just play lighter I don't hear the pop. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? TIA :confused:
  2. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Never had that happen with my GS112's unless there are surges from my appliances that go on while playing or when I turn off my amp. What's happening to you doesn't seem right.
  3. Fred Labbidie

Fred Labbidie Guest

Apr 22, 2004
    Doesn't sound right to me either! But....when I used to dig in hard, my fingers hit the pole pieces on the pickups and make a popping noise. Another possibility is that you're clipping the amp, since it sounds fine when you turn down. Whenever I blew tweeters in any cabinet, they just went dead. Just some ideas.
  4. ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    Thanks for the idea. I went back and did a little more experimentation, trying a different bass, and looking at the the bass instead of the cabinet, and I believe the source of my pop is the string slapping against the fret. Just a variation on fretbuzz. Thanks again!