Is a Marshall a good election??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shinzep, Nov 23, 2000.

1. shinzep

Nov 23, 2000
    Hi friends!

I need a opinion about a amp: is a marshall 72104 bass combo
    I hear it and I like it but i want another opinion about it, I play jazz and some times funky, please, help me to take a decision.
  2. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Welcome to this board!

Marshall bass amps are not that popular as their guitar amps, so you might not get many replies. What I can offer is very little:
    Regarding combos I once heard the 72410 (200W into 4x10) in a 3 peace blues band playing a little 'coffee house gig' (bass was not PA'd) and I was surprised how good it sounded - fat and punchy, but still warm enough for blues.

Many years ago I owned a 200W head, but I was not too happy with it (harsh sound) - it was very reliable though, even after I sold it to my cousin who abused it in his metal band, where it was seriously underpowered.

3. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I played through one on one of those gigs where 4 bands share the backline. It was loud enough and sounded ok. We were playing a mixture of Motown covers and original 'pop'. If you like it and the price is right its up to you.
  4. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    PS welcome to the board
  5. I own a marshall 400w intergated bass system(mid to late 80's model)I've owned this head for 11 years now and it is a very reliable amp.very clean sounding and tight(not crazy about the eq.but I dont use much anyway)it's bi-ampable(using patch cords)and LOUD.the best part is I paid 135.00 american dollars for this a guy with a bad crack habbit(sucks to be him....good to be me)I have NO complaints about this amp. just my .03 cents worth