1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is a midi foot controller what I'm looking for?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tommy el Gato, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Tommy el Gato

Tommy el Gato

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm looking at getting a Firepod to hook my bass up to my MacBook in order to run amp and effect plugins. For when I want to switch between plugins, turn them on/off, and operate a wahwah (kind of like with a multi-effect pedal) am I going to want to get a floor midi controller (Like a Roland FC-300 or a Yamaha MFC10) and hook it into the midi hookups on the Firepod? Is that how it works? If so, are there any good midi foot-controls that anyone would like to recommend?

2. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    try the behringer fcb-1010

3. Tommy el Gato

Tommy el Gato

Jul 6, 2007
    What if I refuse to use a Behringer product? :p

4. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    midi moose/mouse.

the rocktron midimate

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Then you'll miss out on a pretty decent product.:D

6. Tommy el Gato

Tommy el Gato

Jul 6, 2007
    Well, most of the reason I started this thread was to make sure I was understanding how the whole midi/VST/software rig thing worked in conjunction with a controller. I take that, because no one's said "Whoa! You're totally gonna **** everything up!", I've got the right idea and just need to find the foot controller that's right for me. The Behringer doesn't *look* too bad and seems to be popular, so I'm not going to continue to bash it.

Any comments on the Fender Cyber Foot Controller? That one looks like exactly what I'm lookin' for.

7. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    I understand exactly where you're coming from. But honestly... its one of their better quality products without a doubt. I have one and it has never failed me. Their high end mixers are good too... just stay clear of alll pedals, most pre-amps, amps, cabs, etc.