Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is a RC210 RED EYE COMBO a good buy???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    i saw this from a previous post. is a worth buy or should i forget bout it?

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I owned one and yes it is a very good buy. I ended up taking the R600 head out of it and using a different cab with it as the 10's just could not handle the volume I needed onstage.

However, I had played with a band that was more acoustic oriented...a.k.a. -"light" rock and it was a seven piece band and that amp was awesome. I could hear very well, loved the tilt back feature and it was perfect for that situation.

I am now in a much louder band and in my opinion, the 10's just cannot hold up with clarity in a louder rock band all by themselves. But, you can add a 15" cab to it and bi-amp or run full range and it is really sweet.

All in all, YES it is a very good value, and the amp-head itself is top notch!!!

3. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    about how loud can it go with the 10's? loud enough for about 300 people?

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    That depends on a lot of variables... how are these folks situated in the room, theater seating or dance floor, how loud is the rest of the band, etc... I have an RC210 and have replaced the stock speakers with Eminence Kappa's... I feel like a broken record going on and on about how this greatly improved the amp, but it did...

My current band is a fairly loud rock band, and unlike Sundogue, I feel that the combo can hold it's own with proper EQing... running bi-amped with a 15 is even better, just more of a hassle at load out, so I don't do that as much anymore.

Good deal??? Oh yeah! :D

-robert

5. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    o man tell me about, the head and the 210 for that price?? i checked the add for it at least 10 times to see if it was real, that it wasn't JUST the cab or JUST the head. by the way, how much did the eminecnce deal cost ya? did you do it yourself or professionally? well i have a gig comin up in 3 months, 800+ show. plan on takin it with me to moniter.also i plan on buying an acoustic/electric soon, so that makes it even more worth my money. i also plan to add a nice crate bx215 my rig. 2 america pro 15's in a tuned cab, also killer tone. it will fit almost perfectly on top! 23.75 inches and 23 inches. Thats gunna be some killer rig!

6. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    definately atiquette PA. All the live equipment is already there. Its an out door setup. But most of the time we play in halls. Put it this way, the band yells at me for being too loud, all the time!except when we're live, we play pretty decent. The guitarists use all tube 180 watt amps turned up half way, pretty loud. by the way, i own a rouge, worst mistake i ever made. Rouge RB200watt head. Crapped out the first week. does the carvin have a Direct out on it? if so, i wanna run that to the pa on the next gig, im sure it will constitute for an amazing sound!