1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

is a storage rack my only option

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reggie hall, May 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    Hi guys, i recently purchased a hartke ha4000, it works flawless but the body isnt in the best shape (scratches,dents etc...) i want to disguise the way it looks somewhat , is my only option to buy a rack to put the amp in ??? or is there something else i can do to the body of the amp??? thanks in advance

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Halethorpe, MD
    You could get an ABS flight case, but they're about four times the cost of a rack mount. If you're really determined, you could take the amp apart, pound out the dents and repaint it. You could also make a wood case to slide that on into, there would be a weight cost though. You could cover it with contact paper.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  3. steelin4u

steelin4u Supporting Member

Using a sharpie or black paint will cover any silver scratches, and that would drastically improve how it looks from anyone 8 ft. away or more. Depending on the dents and how critical you are, having the whole chassis black should help a great deal (if it's showing silver metal scratches). Good luck.

4. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    What type of paint would you recommend

5. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Halethorpe, MD
    If you are handy and can use spray paint or have a friend that can, then a rattle can of Krylon black would work fine. It is available in matte, semi-gloss, and gloss. Matte will hide imperfections in the cabinet best, Gloss will show them the most. Lighter colors will show imperfections in the cabinet more than darker colors.

reggie hall and steelin4u like this.
  6. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    Thank you I will do that

7. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Halethorpe, MD
    De nada.

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    You could put the amp in a wooden sleeve instead of a rack case. if the amp is not too deep, Carvin sells these sleeves in various finishes. When I bought my BX1500 a bought a sleeve finished in white Tolex.

Edit: The sleeves offer no protection for the amp’s front panel though.

9. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    When I removed my old Hartke 3500 from the combo it came in, I put it in one of these:
    Gator GRB Rack Bag

10. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    Well i spray painted it using krylon black/matte like recommend and it looks 100 Times better now 0522161955.

11. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    I didn't paint the front obviously just the top and both sides

sissy kathy likes this.
  12. 12many

12many

Jan 11, 2014
    Nice module. I bought a gator road case, somewhat because it has wheels. I love it, but it's heavy. It has handles everywhere, like a pro case and it does not scratch easily. Looks wise-I like it. With my Korg tuner it gets eyes. It's badass, but mines a 4U with power conditioner and I've had to ask others to lug it for me (depending on conditions) a first for me.

reggie hall likes this.