Is all of Juan Alderete's stuff with The Mars Volta written by Omar Rodriguez?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dallow, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Dallow

Dallow

Feb 8, 2009
    So i was looking at the inside of The Mars Volta lp amputecture and it says Omar Rodriguez-Lopez wrote and arranged all music. So my question is being a huge Alderete fan, is all of juans stuff written Omar?

2. Not much of a fight IMO, it was a no brainer.
    I don't think Omar writes every single note. The main ideas are Omar's, but the embellishments are Juans style. THere are Bass Player articles out there in which he explains the writing process. If i remember correctly Juan says since omar was a bass player before he got into guitar that they are on the same page when it comes to the bass so i'm sure juans feelings are never hurt and he gets his licks in. The intro to day of the baphomets is all juan. Thats the stuff you can't tell someone how to play,it comes from the player. Live is the stage in which Juan gets his own voice (and his sound is amazing) but on record Omar probably directs the music.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021