Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is an ibanez SR1200 a good deal for $300

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jvasquez18, Feb 16, 2003.

1. jvasquez18

jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13
    my friend is in need of cash and wants to sell me this bass. i think i should but i need cash, too. will i ever run by another one of these for the same price?

any input is greatly appreciated

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    yea dude go for it. i just looked it up on a couple sites cuz im not super familiar with ibanez's and thats a pretty high end one for an ibanez. It lists at over a grand and are going for far more than 300 online, more in the 500- 600 range.

3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Yes- you have a good deal at $300. It all depends on condition etc. But if its in good shape it is steal.

4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    As other have stated, it's all depending on condition, but $300 is a great price for a 5-piece neck-though, flamed-maple topped bass. You might wanted to consider upgrading the electronics, but even with that tacked on it's a hell of a deal.

~Ian, unabashed lover of his SR-1206. :D

5. jvasquez18

jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13
    everything's perfect except for missing knobs. so you guys convinced me. thanx:)

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Make you hold a knife to his throat when you buy it, because it is a steal! :D