1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is an Upgrade warranted?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeyZ, Sep 29, 2009.

1. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    Currently I'm running a GK Backline 600. I was thinking of upgrading to the 700rbII. What if any advantages will I see doing so.

I'd be running this into a BSE410Hlf cab. Which is rated @ 400watts with a 4ohm min load.

Thanks guys/gals!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You'll get slightly more wattage. The BL heads are pretty decent and sound much like regular GK stuff. I don't know if I'd upgrade to the 700RB, but if you think the 700RB represents a significant upgrade to you, then get it.

BTW, the cab you have ONLY operates at 4 ohms. It doesn't handle a minimum 4 ohm load, it IS a 4 ohm load.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 to Jimmy's post. As to the 2 heads, yeah, the 700RB is a better head, but the BL600 ain't a bad one at all, especially as it's GK's entry level head. You'd be going farther with the BL600 and a better cab, imo.

4. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    Hmmm, I was looking into getting a bigger cab anyway. Any suggestions? I was looking at an SWR Goliath Senior...or whatever. It's 610.

5. +1

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I don't know about needing another cab...of all the HLF permutations, that one is the one I get along with best. Up to you, but I think you have a fine rig as it is.