Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is anybody still looking for a Mouradian Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by By-Tor, May 8, 2004.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
  2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    There are some counterfeit ones out there.To anyone who may be interested I would proceed with caution.

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Excellent advice, I've heard of that before too.

Thanks JAUQO III-X.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    You're welcome.

5. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Hmmm...... that is one I have never seen before, I am pretty familiar with most of Jim's designs. I will ask him about this bass next time I talk to him. Though, Jim has made alot of basses and it is possible that I am not familiar with this one.

You should have seen my blond flame-top 8 string that Jim built...... unfortunately, it was stolen from me ...... :(

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Sorry to hear about your Bass getting stolen.do you have a Pic you can post?

7. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    No pics in my possesion at the moment. It was a gorgeous bass and I wish you guys could see it. The blonde flame had to be seen to be believed and it was a much more of a traditional design as opposed to some of Jim's more radical ideas.

It was stolen from me in Toronto back in '95. Even if I found it, I think that statute of limitations has already run it's course.....

filthy rat bastards!

*shakes fist in air* :)

8. Jim & John do all of my setups and tech work (have to always get in a waiting list though, but well worth the wait - such nice guys, and they love talking instruments, music and the like...I always learn something new from them each time I take an instrument to them...) ... I'll get back home to Boston on Sunday night - I'll be happy to call them Monday and get verification from them, if you'd like?

9. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Sorry to hear that,

May they rot in Hell, for their sins.

10. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Please tell them I said HI! I have not been to the shop in about a year. Jim and Jon are wonderful people. In fact, today I was playing a vintage Guild bass that they gave me..... :) :hyper: as I said, wonderful folk.

11. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Thanks.

Hell is a little too severe in my book. I think a big hairy cell mate would be more than enough. :eek:

12. Sure will, Dave!

PS - awful sorry to hear about your loss...please post photos as soon as you're able - a Mouradian bass would have to be kept under cloak, lock and key to remain hidden for too long :crying: :mad: :cool:

13. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Thanks Basement!

I don't have any pics right now. There are some floating around out there.... mine are MIA at the moment.

14. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    I've spoken with Jim about this blue bass and he told me that it had been built by one of his former employees.
    So it was done at the Mouradian shop, using parts from the Mouradian shop, but isn't a "real" Mouradian if that makes sense. ;)

For the right price it could be a cool bass, but I wouldn't go nuts trying to get it because of the Mouradian factor...Like I did with the "real" Mouradian I picked up recently that Jim is overhauling for me: (It actually turned out that it was one of the original 6(!) handmade basses he built:
    [​IMG]

15. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the "real" info on the bass.

I feel for the guy that ends up with the bass.

Actually, your the one I had in mind when I saw the action.
    I new there was somebody on here looking for one.

I remember when you picked up that bass, nice score. I'm glad everything turned out ok.

16. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    I'm sure it's a nice bass and all, but I just wonder if the high bidder(s) are going so high because of the name...

Thanks for looking out for me. Even though I finally was able to snag one, I still check eBay all the time - just in case something else pops up.
    Jim still hasn't had time to get to my bass, but when he does, I'm sure it will turn out wonderfully. The first thing I had to do was buy all new black hardware to replace that gold - it looked too much like a "Pimp Bass!"
    He's even got a pair of the original Barden pickups on the way to him for it. :D (We'll just have to fill in the awful hole left by the MM pickup).

Sorry to hijack the thread with my bass info. :p