1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is anyone else excited about "Marcus" coming out tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by turindev, Mar 3, 2008.

1. turindev

turindev

Jul 1, 2005
    Bradenton, FL
    Ok, I just happened to find out that Mr. Miller's new album is out tomorrow, and I have to say.. it made my week. I am a big fan of Mr. Miller, and the clips on his site of the new album hit me right where I needed to be hit. Honestly, his tone is unearthly, if I sounded like that I would never leave my house.

2. I've bought my copy used months ago from Amazon.No way i could wait until it came out in the US.Same thing happened last time.They are just too slow at releasing them.

3. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Sep 15, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Is this the repackaged verision of Free?

4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I must say that all his CD's are starting to sound the same. If you own one you own them all. You know he's going to have several slapped melodies, some original and then a cover or 2, a couple balads featuring fretless and his bass clarinet. He's just getting too predictable. I really like Marcus, his tone is cool and Scoop is one of my favorite tunes of any bass player out there, but I guess I'm getting a bit bored.

5. funkybassplayer

funkybassplayer Commercial User

Sep 16, 2003
    Longview, TX
    Nordstrand Audio, Epifani
    I just saw something about this in an online article the other day. I love Silver Rain and am looking forward to getting my hands on this one too.

6. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    stylistically theyre all pretty much the same, but even within that style, i thought this was his freshest offering in ages. his albums since the sun dont lie have been like tribal tech cd's. love maybe a couple of tracks and skip through the rest. i actually enjoy listening to the majority of this new one.

7. Did he not release a new album this past summer? I was at a store in Japan and they had an album of his I had never seen or heard before on display.

8. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I pre-ordered it from CD Universe. It should go out in the mail by tommorrow. Also Victor Wooten's NEW cd comes out on April 1st... I have that pre-ordered also!

9. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Cool. The Sun Don't Lie was my favorite. I haven't heard the new one, I may have to give it a listen.

10. love his tone, cant get into his songs at all... I like him when he stay in the pocket, I can't stand his lead bass playing.. it bothers the hell out of me

11. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC

That was the Japanese import "Free". It was way to expensive so I didn't buy it. "Marcus" is regularly priced and has the same material (for the most part if not entirely).

12. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I am excited about "Marcus" coming out tomorrow.

Thank you for asking; no one else in my life seems to care. :crying:

If ONLY everyone else in the world could have his week made by the release of a single Fusion CD featuring the bass guitar, we would have peace and prosperity throughout the globe. :)

13. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Same album with a few more songs added.

14. polo515

polo515

Feb 27, 2006
    NYC
    Just downloaded the CD from iTunes. Looking forward to a long, funky night...
    He's playing BB King's April 11th in NYC.

15. redliner47

redliner47 Continuous Recreation

Sep 24, 2004
    Springfield, MA
    Just got my copy and am looking forward to hearing that oh so signature Marcus tone again.