Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is anyone else sick and tired of winter this year?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Im a sock, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I generally like winter. I enjoy playing in the snow and the challenge of driving on slick roads. Heck, most of the time the temperature doesnt really bother me. This winter is totally different. It hasnt been particularly snowy here in upstate new york (even though we got about 5 inches last night), but the temperatures have been, in general, brutal. The past couple weeks has been ok, but before that it was terrible. It must have been a month of temps not even reaching 10, and wind chill warnings ran rampant. Since I attend a large university, I have to walk for 10 or 15 minutes to get to my classes, and doing that while its -4 with a 30mph wind is, in short, not all that fun. Anyways, I'm just ready for it to be over with. Anyone else with me on this one?

2. I hate winter so much.

I'm sick of a season where, if you don't clean after it, you can't leave your house.

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah North East Winters really can be pretty miserable and draining on someone.

4. MAJOR METAL

Hi Jon

Dig yourself out and will jam and have a few in down Manhattan. :D

5. i think it should snow in late Oct, and melt by mid february. i don't hate snow, i just hate how nature teases me by warming up to about 40-50, melting some of the snow, getting my hopes up, and then freezing and snowing again. thats how it is here. my hometown doesn't have much snow, but up here it just snowed again... ... ....

(grumble)

6. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I don't want it too leave. I hate the hot weather in Atlanta.

7. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I live in northcentral Wisconsin.

My only outdoor hobbies in winter are shoveling and snowblowing.

It's not that I hate winter, but I could live without the weather we get here, from around October through March.

8. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    It is 87 here right now. So no.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sunny and 80 degrees here too. Gorgeous day.

brad cook

10. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

What winter? [​IMG]

I've had snow at my house for maybe 3 days this year. I picked the wrong year to buy a season ski pass, for sure. :bawl:

11. MAJOR METAL

Wow that is a big diffrence from New York today.

12. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    A fresh 6" of snow today, 30"+ blizzard a few weeks ago. Moderate storms spaced throughout the winter.....I love it. I plow, so I am somewhat biased. In general, I like winter - even if it doesn't get above 0 degrees F on some days.

13. This winter in Buffalo has been downright funky. It seems like we haven't gotten much snow at all, and about 1/3 of the days have been around 40 degrees or above! Crazy!

14. It's snowing here at the moment.

Never happened in February before I think.

What's going on at all...?

15. It's pouring rain here, in the mid-upper 30's. It's been a rather wet winter, lots of rain, even for here. All the times it's been cold enough to snow, it's been a dry cold, so no snow. I'm definitely ready for this winter to be over.

16. Yup.

I like cold weather, but anything below 25 degress must be outlawed.

I think as you get older, you like the winter less and less.

Imagine if there were no such thing as Christmas, how disgusting the month of December would be with nothing to look forward to.

Ah, distincly I remember it was in the bleak December...

Winter, get lost!!! :spit:

Mike (less than a month 'till St. Patrick's day :hyper: )

17. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Actually, this year, no! It's been a mild winter here in Virginia thus far. But as usual, we always catch hell before spring kicks in so I ain't holding my breath for a smooth transition. I'm from NY so I know the winters there can be brutal but not quite as bad as some other regions like Alaska, North & South Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois, Montana and the North East region and Canada.

18. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Winter hasn't been too bad this year in central PA, I just wish my landlord would clear the driveway when it does snow...

19. dunharrow

dunharrow

Feb 22, 2005
    Minneapolis MN
    I was all ready to move to Austin TX with my girl, but she got promoted so we are forced to stay in Minneapolis for a while longer, and endure the cold. Luckily my brother just moved to Austin so I can temporarily escape while having a free place to stay.

20. Yeah, this winter in particular I have just been sick of. Don't really like winter normally, but this year I really am just sick of it. I think most people are.