Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is anyone in a hardcore/metalcore band, or a band that plays heavy music?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BornUnwanted, May 18, 2002.

1. i'm curious if anyone is in a harcore, metalcore band, or if anyone is in a band that plays heavy music.

if you are, please post your site, or any site where mp3's are available, or both for that matter.

thanxxx in advance, i look foreward to seeing what people have together.

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I think you'll find that there are a few guys around here are in a metal band.

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I don't think I know what "metalcore" is.

:confused:

Why are there so many damned catagories?

4. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    i was in this band up until a month ago or so. darn those stupid stupid girls for messing things up:mad:

www.mp3.com/endofme

5. juanpauribe

juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    Colombia
    i dont know what kind of genre my band is but you could say its a little heavy. i dont have nothing to show you but at least you know you have another heavy player around

6. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    yeah i dont have any mp3's or anything but im in a 'heavy' band. we play most styles of 'heavy' and alot of other stuff.
    later
    Lukas

7. good stuff dude.

8. here's a very sh*tty recording i did vocals on. my voice was blown from screaming all day, and the recording is just plain crap.

but here it is anyway:

www.mp3.com/emptyhands

9. I'm in one band that is "heavy rock" or metal, whatever

http://www.evildin.com

I'm in another band that is pretty much thrash metal /speed metal, no website or recordings yet, its a fairly new project (as I'm not perfectly happy with the first one :)

BTW, I'm 35 and grew up in the midst of the best of '80s thrash/speed/black/death metal.

Greg

10. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    err i play pretty much anything
    side project.. i have sorta a death metal band.. I write funny stuff.. like i have a death metal song called Death metal sux.. and one called "fun fun fun till daddy takes the doofi away" sorta like.. a non racist version of A*** C***
    if you know who im talking about...
    right now i just have a small 4 track .. and i mic my amps and stuff. but it works i have a live sound..
    http://www.mp3.com/artist_formally_known_as/

thats my artist formally known as monkey man site... its got only 2 songs.. i hope it works
    if not just look for "the artist formally known as monkey man" *shrug*
    it has death metal sux up there..
    But mostly ive been playing alot of tool and experamenting with sounds.. but pm me up if you wanna talk some dude

11. John Bufo

John Bufo

Jan 14, 2002
    Salem, NH
    I'm in a pretty heavy, hard rockin' band. I wouldn't say were metal, or hardcore, or metalcore, were more influenced by all the early 90's hard rock bands like Alice In Chains and Soundgarden. Were also pretty heavily influenced by Pantera, COC, and a little Slayer-ish thrash stuff thrown in here and there. Our sound is dark and heavy, with tons of groove and attitude. We are still in the process of recording our demo, so no mp3's yet, should be done in a month or so though. You can check out our the website if you want, there is a link to it on my profile.

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hardcore outfit here...sound like Vision of Disorder, only with more solos and not as talented.

13. I was in a hardcore band, but it broke up. Right now, I may be getting into a heavy metal/thrash metal band with a couple buddies of mine and a drummer he knows. Probably won't happen, since I'm moving soon. After that I may try starting a progressive metal band (much like Tool), where I may do vocals or bass (or both :eek: :D).

14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Click on the link in my signature,

15. I'm in a strange metal band....I like to call us metalcore, but we don't have that many hardcore elements.

No mp3's, but my drummer is adding his beats to a midi of our main song, I'll post that when it's done.

16. Play a litlle of everything from slow 3 minute melodic songs all the way to heavy 7 minute songs. Both instrumental, and with vox.

Click my signature below, and also click over to our MP3 site, thanx

17. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I'm in a metal band, we don't have any mp3's but I will hopefully get our songs in June.

18. i play for a pretty heavy band check our site let me know what you think www.omniblank.com we have mp3s you can download

19. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    the band is currently defunct, and the recording is shot (anyone who says anything about my vox will be spanked with a soggy phallus), but it's hard(ish) stuff.

"Immature Abandonment of Pride"