1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is anyone out there playing an Epi UL-410 with an Alembic F1-X pre/power amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by R Upsomegrub, Mar 19, 2010.

1. ...and if so, how do you like it?

Or if you didn't like it, why?

I'm looking for a catch-all 410, mostly for outside gigs and the occasional big room.

Thanks

2. anyone?

3. Kind of a strange combination... old school, fat, warm Alembic pre with one of the most 'modern' voiced cabs around... huge low end, polite mids, very airy, hi fi top end.

I used an Alembic pre for a while back in the day, and I have a 410UL that I use now as one of my main gigging cabs with a very tightly voiced solid state head. I have not heard that combination (I'm only posting up since I'm not sure you are going to get any responses). Every bone in my body says that would not be a good thing.... to much uncontrolled low end, and the voicing of the 410UL would seem to work against reproducing the complex, old school, tubey mids of the F1.

I would guess (and it is purely a guess) that the Epi PS410 (more low mid punchy and mid present in general) would be a better match, and the weight is not that much more than the current 410UL.

Another cab to consider is the Bergantino HS410... which is a slight tweak on the SA410, that was originally voiced for use with a tube amp... tight, warm, punchy.... it isn't a featherweight (around 80 pounds), but is a small 410 (only about 16" deep... so not that bad to schlepp).

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020