Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is anyone playing World of Warcraft?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by McHack, Jan 3, 2005.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    We just go it this weekend, which is scary to me... The wife is already talking about getting a second copy so we can play together. LOL...

That said, if you play, what server are you on, & spill your character specifics...

Like I said, we've just started & have characters spread across 3 servers.... Bloodbane, Aggramar, & Cenarian. Cenarian is where my old EQ & DaoC guild is playing, so I think we might stay there.

2. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    No, but my supergeek co-workers do. I know much more than I care to about it. Before you fire back, I'm a happily (and fully) recovered Ultima Online addict. Never again.

That said, I'd probably goof around on it from time to time if it were free. Looks to be well made.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It started with an hour or so every couple days. But I played for 4 hours last night! :bawl:

I'm on kiljaeden, level 22 gnome warrior.

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I have never been fond of those types of games.

But two of my coworkers are heavily addicted to WoW. They had been playing EverQuest(EverCrack) for many years and quit it to start playing WoW.

The game seems to be a huge success and does everything right that EverCrack did wrong.

5. golden_boy

golden_boy

Dec 27, 2004
    I used to play everquest... I was seriously addicted to it, it wasnt even funny... I got to max level, and got ptons of stuff and was one of those people who played it 24/7, thanksfully I ran into money problems and couldnt pay for it any more lol :) Now Im addicted to my bass... lol

6. Yep, I play. lol Troll hunter :D

7. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    I play it. I am an Orc Hunter, level 13. The server I am on is Nathrezim. Name is Lluks

8. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Cool!

I hooked up w/ my old group of friends,,, that started back in the Ultima Online days... then we went to EverQuest,, & then to Dark Ages of Camelot... Now, I've joined them in WoW...

We're on the Cenarius Server, playing Horde characters in a guild called The Unnamed... Most everyone is all 35th level or higher,,, plus several in the upper 40's... Great chance for twinkage!!!

I've got a 8L Tauren Hunter... VERY fun!

9. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Yeah, I play it too fun game. I've got a orc warrior on lightbringer named Rufe

10. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I bought it for my wife when it first came out. She is now a level 60 (top level) on archimonde server. She is a BIG TIME gamer and gets all the good new games mainly of the fantasy sort.

She is also a jedi on SWG bria galaxy.

11. Wife plays too? nifty? ... im not saying this to be offensive, im just curious as to how old you are? cause my dad wont let me get that game cause he says its made for little kids... stupid dad...

12. 42 Rogue Gnome on Whisperwind
    10 Troll Mage on Frostwolf

I got a job now and can't play as much

13. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    LOL...

I AM the dad in my house... I'm 41, & we've got 4 teenagers, ages 16,15,14 & 13... the 16 & 14 year olds are boys, & enjoy playing... The girls are too bizzy IM'ing people to care.

14. mattmcnewf

mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    WOW is evil pure evil i say. It wasted so much of my xmas holidays. My bro has a lvl 20 and i have a 14 on draenor. I've managed to stay off it since sunday and am gonna stay off it untell the weekend. I have never been much of a gamer but that game is bad

15. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    It's only as bad as you let it get it, I only let myself play for a certain time.

Lot's of peep's get addicted because they cant manage their own time and participate in the "level" race.

16. i am getting it tommorow, will be joining my highschool friends in a guild they created that is doing very well. only taking dedicated/hardcore members and are goin for end game content. i will be playing a troll or undead mage on the shattered hand server. name of guild is Shenanigans (www.shenanigansguild.com)

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The guild my friends are forming is called "guild ramrod"

18. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
  19. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I wish my computer wasn't total ****ed up, then i would buy this game. IT seems to be a great game!