Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is anyone using the Sansamp PSA1? or PSA 1.1?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Hey Guys,
    After trying just about everything under the sun as far as multi-effects, Bass Pod Live,Boss GT-6b,Digitech BNX3,etc.
    I was wondering if any of you have been usingt he Sansamp PSA-1? or the new version 1.1? I would love to hear some
    soundclips if you have them.
    Thanks,
    Brent
    :hyper:

2. I had the PSA-1. Once, a really long time ago... I've since swapped this solid-state preamp for a hybrid amplifier (tube preamp) and after that I switched to an all-tube amp... I won't go back. Ask some more specific questions if you want more tips...

The PSA doens't have any built-in fx (chorus, flange, reverb, ...) like the PODs, GT-x or the Digitech do.

Read this thread that I wrote some years ago; http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89889

3. I was thinking of using it as a preamp. I have 3 basses, Geddy Lee Jazz,Rick 4003,Ibanez RB850 all which sound quite different. I like the idea of the different presets. Yes I realize it doesn't have effects. Thanks Though!
    B