Is Bassics worth it?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Nov 19, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Right over here in the UK we only have one bass mag well a british one any way which is pretty good, cheap and informative, but I have recently been buying bass player and guitar worlds bass mag but I came across bassic's here but it's more expensive.

Let put it down like this

BGM (UK) is £3.20
    Bass Player is £4.95
    Guitar World Bassist is £3.95
    Bassics is £6.80

Now I'm settled on BGM because it seems to be pretty good and it is cheap. Bass player is ok it's the most expensive one I buy at the moment and some months are great like when they interviewed Lee Sklar, Nathan East and so on but then like this month with the pixies I thought the whole mag was pretty uninteresting, so I think I'm only going to buy it when there is a bassist I like on the front.

Guitar world's mag is pretty poor it seems to just be for rocker's no balance to the other side of bass at all, so I think i'm going to stop getting this unless they put John Myung on the cover again.

Now this month's bassics has Nathan East on and has a pretty good looking cd with it so I'm thinking I might get it but it is pretty expensive for such a thin mag.

So the question is what do you guys think should I stop buying two ok'ish mags and buy one decent one (if bassics is decent) or should I just stop all together or ahould I buy everything bass related in the book store :D

Thanks Guys
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I didn't even know Bassics was still in print. Other than that just make up your own mind. Do you really need coaching to decide which magazine to buy?!

brad cook
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    When you buy Bassics, you're mainly paying for the CD. The magazine itself has some good interviews but Bass Payer is better. The sampler CDs that come with Bassics, however are a very nice treat.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Where do you get these from, ste?
  5. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Borders in Stockport

Also I wasn't just asking for a recomendation, the problem with bassic's is its in a plastic cover so you can't read it in the shop to see if it's worth the cash. Jusrt wondering if any one has bought this months and thought it was good?