1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is Black Friday a great night for a gig?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by wilberthenry, Nov 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. wilberthenry

wilberthenry

May 12, 2009
    I know New Years Eve and Halloween are probably at the top of the list for best nights of the year to gig, but Black Friday seems like a great night to gig as well. Lot's of folks visiting family and looking for a night out seems like it would result in bigger crowds. Is this typically a big night or just another Friday night for your band?

2. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Montreal, QC
    Back in the day (the 90s), my old band used to kill it on Black Friday. We'd usually play locally and have a huge crowd. It did seem that everyone wanted to get out of the house and blow off some steam. I don't play much at all anymore, so I'm not sure how it is now.

btmpancake likes this.
  3. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    only if its half price

Spidey2112 likes this.
  4. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Look at the exposure you'd receive, gigging a local Wal-Mart... not to mention the 'eye candy'...

"Attention! Attention! Groupie alert! Cleanup, Aisle 13!"

5. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Not this year but our duo is playing Saturday evening.

I've played quite a few Black Fridays, some were good some not.

6. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    Same here. I've got the night off from playing, but have a do video shoot to do. But I'm playing tomorrow night and hope it'll be a big night. We're playing an outdoor gig in a "touristy" town. Keeping my fingers crossed that the tip jar will make us proud!