Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is Digitech a good brand?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ollielangfan, Sep 6, 2005.

1. ollielangfan

ollielangfan

Apr 3, 2005
    Nampa, ID
    Is Digitech a good brand? There stuff isn't too expensive And I was thinking about getting a Wah pedal and a Distortion pedal.

2. I haven't tried their bass pedals, but I know their guitar pedals are pretty so-so.

3. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    The only pedal I'm familiar with from them is the GRUNGE pedal and it sounds like complete a$$ if you ask me

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I like Digitech, number one on the GAS list is the gigadelay... that thing is soooo great. Closest digital simulation of a tape delay I've ever heard. It so smooooooootttth, and the level of delay is huge. It's so good.

5. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    I know I was completely impressed by their multi-fx units... the 200 series of their multi-fx pedal was quite good (at least I thought so a couple years ago when I spent a few weeks with one).

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As far as build quality and reliability, they're a good brand. Not quite up to par with Boss or Electro-Harmonix, but a high success rate. As far as tone, that's more subjectable.

7. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    i personally think that my digitech bsw is built stronger and better than my boss dd5 (and the electroharmonixai i used to have) -dave

8. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    I love Digitechs X and D series pedals, but some are..the opposite. I'm getting a Bad monkey but i also love (for bass) the Hot rod, Hot head, Digidelay, Digiverb, Hyper phase, Turbo flange and some settings on the guitar version on the Synth wah. Haven't tried the bass version yet.

9. i've been very satisfied with my Ibanez de-7 but if you what you say is true about the gigadelay well, ill have to try one maybe add it to the gas list.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Digitech is great with delay, reverb, and pitch shifting. They absolutely suck at distortion, chorus/flange/phase, and compression.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ha. So how about it turns out, Boss makes the Gigadelay... disregard... Digitech sucks. :D

The synth wah is kinda cool, but... eh.

12. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    OK, at the risk of ridicule I'll say I think the BP50 is a good buy. Considering its price; it WORKS.... never fails, its dirty as heck [do not record with this thing] but about 10 or so settings which you can heavily modify are quite useful along with just Plain Jane, CLEAN . if you have a totally stock/clean rig, and are looking for something to add weirdness, this is a good $60 spent!!!! I have used mine a lot, but again, just about 4 or 5 settings that I spent hours working on to get something distinctive. The main reason I guard it from potential thieves is the time I spent getting it to do what it does for my rig.

Also [again at risk of ridicule] the factory presets from about 31 up to 43 or so [with a few exceptions] make pretty interesting pre-fix for Acoustic Guitar rigs. The little-known secret among Acoustic Guitar fanatics is that Bass equipment frequently are better choices for various Wooden Guitar uses versus their branded "made-for-acoustic-guitar" competition. Live and learn dudes [and dudettes]

Zapp

13. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I have had one Digitech, the Bass Synth Wah, and it has worked quite well for me. It and my EBS Bass IQ are my two most used pedals.

It has held up VERY well and I love the thing to death. I'll put it this way: I would absolutely HATE not having this pedal on my board.

Our guitarist has the Bad Monkey and digs the hell out of it. He runs it side-by-side with his Ibanez Tube Screamer and swears by both.

14. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Love my BSW also. What is shown in my pedal pic above are my actual knob settings for Env Filter.

Hmm... the rest of the pedals show my usual settings also.

15. Digitech is alright. The DigiDelay has a killer tape sim that's worth buying the pedal for....my only complaint on it is that the on/off switch is going on it so I can't rely on it for gigging anymore.

I also have a WH-1 Whammy. Killer pedal for that type of sound, but their newer Whammy's don't seem to be as good (poorer tracking being the main complaint I hear).

Lastly, I've had two DOD Grunges. The first one's switch quit working, and the second still works fine. Some people hate the Grunge, but it's not too bad for certain types of sounds....never tried it with a bass though.

I've never used their multi-effects, but I've played with a guy who had one and it seemed decent enough....if a little on the flimsy side.

16. the bass pedals are desined to emulate other famous sounds so you decide if thats wat u want i really dont like them

17. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I checked out the Digitech multi FX thing, but wound up going to the Boss GT-6B because the Digitech wasn't very good sounding and you couldn't edit much and it was just too hissy and hummy.

18. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I don't know about the stompboxes, but I've heard several stories about the multi-effects units just dying on people. So with those, yeah, caveat emptor.