1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is Dimarzio a good choice for 5 strings funk bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by chalie, Nov 16, 2004.

1. I am using a twin J from Dimarzio on my Parker fly but the sound is missing a punch.
    I can borrow Bartolini and Bassline pickup from the store to check with my Parker and see if I will get the sound that was missing.
    I am not certain if the slot ports for holding the pickup on Dimarzio pickups are a standard type though the length and width are (95 cm).

Does anyone have the experience?

I thought of getting a split coil type instead of single. Is this a good choice? How about the stack? I have no idea what it is like to be hornest !

Thanks

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    my Dimarzio Ultras have tone for years in my Benavente. Are you putting them through a pre?

3. Yes James, The bass came with onboard pre in conjunction with Fishman Piezo pickup. I am assuming that the pre did not alter the tone off this pickups too much because the cercuit is so simple but I am more happy with natural toning anyway.
    I thought of replacing it with Batolini 59J 1. How about that.
    Thanks for your concern.