Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is ebay ugly, or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bushfire, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Now, I look at some of the links people give to auctions on ebay, supposedly the biggest online auction site....and they are really ugly! Weird borders everywhere, huge multicoloured text. Compare to New Zealands largest equivalent-www.trademe.co.nz the auctions are simple and easy to understand.

Or is my browser just screwing up?

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Well, fistly, ebay lets you use html when designing your auction page, and secondly, most people couldn't use html with pleasant-looking results to save their grandmother. I think this is pretty much the problem.

Mind you, I'm not no html wizard, either, but I usually try to come up with something simple that's easy on the eyes.

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    It's not eBay that is ugly (on second thought, though, it is a bit... but it is at least a bit purpose-oriented), but the content put up by the selllers. I hate rainbowing text, as well

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't think Ebay is ugly so I guess it's just you that's ugly. :smug:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

brad cook

5. I agree. Many of the ads are unprofessional and tasteless.

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    BWAHHHHHAHAHHHHAAA!

7. Oh I see, that's interesting (and stupid IMHO) I think simple text with pictures works better than those abominations people come up with.