Is ESP LTD EC-104 a good buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tsukiyo12, Jul 25, 2013.

1. tsukiyo12

tsukiyo12

Jul 5, 2013
    I'm buying my first bass(I'm a short girl). Would the frets on ESP LTD EC-104 be too big? Is it heavy? Does it play easily?

2. Jerry_LTD

Jerry_LTD

Apr 16, 2013
    Belgium
    I have an EC-414fm (the top model of the Eclipse range)
    Its seriously heavy, like 10 tons :p, don't know exact but playing 1h+ shows with it is quite a straign
    Offcourse I don't know how much this will differ from the 104 (bolt on vs. set neck, passive(?) vs. active,...)

If you're short, mabye consider a shortscale?

3. tsukiyo12

tsukiyo12

Jul 5, 2013
    I'm not THAT short:)

4. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    In my opinion you could try to get a bass with the top horn extending to the 12th fret. That makes for a comfortable instrument, balance wise and "reaching the first frets-wise". :)

5. Right_Butterscotch64

Right_Butterscotch64

Oct 18, 2012
    IME I would stay away from the lower end LTDs as they assume you will be playing with a lot of distortion to cover up how bad the tone of the bass is. I would go with a fender/squier. Epiphone short scale eb0 type bass. Or an ibanez gsr200.

6. taurus1

taurus1

Sep 13, 2006
    Vancouver B.C.
    yeah I go for a Fender Bronco or Mustang, they sound great and balance well. the shorter neck means you won't be reaching and would probably be more comfortable.
    that ESP looks really awkward, to me.
    here's a demo of a Squire Mustang

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021