Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is everything included in the price?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rexspangle, Jan 3, 2002.

1. I recieved an email the other day from a guy selling his henry the 8x8, bass 350, speakon cable and polishing cloth. he was selling the whole thing for around $1800 american. and he actually included $5.oo in the price breakdown for the polishing cloth. can you even buy these?

When you are paying that much money why do people add in the most irrelevent things in the cost?

sorry for people that do this but I am tired of hearing things like this ex. guitar for sale just tuned,
    new strings (on a $1200 bass)

just venting

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Might get better repsonses in Amps!

Click your heels together three times, and say
    "I wish I was in Amps, I Wish I was in Amps, I wish I was in Amps," ...and maybe you'll wake up in Black and White, with a dog, and maybe some responses!

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    same thing happens with cars - people expect to get out of them exactly what they put into it.

1986 honda civic - 800
    supa fat 17" chrome rims - 900
    silicon plug wires - 100
    platinum spark plugs - 50
    yellow stikaz - 100
    7" diameter exhaust tip - 150

you think it's stupid, as do i, but it happens because people are stupid.

jason

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

What?!?! No instructional video for another 10 bucks with the amp??? :confused:

What about a case for the amp cover?

How much for disc brakes on the casters???

And some Cali-lube to clean the contacts in 5 years.

5. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    new prices:
    8x8 - 900
    b350 - 700
    s. cable - 30
    p. cloth - 5
    grand total = 1635

i dunno if you were considering buying that or not, but 1800 isn't a good deal.

6. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    I dunno guys, that polishing cloth might be the dealmaker for me.

Boy howdy, those things are almost as rare as sand on a beach. You know, you can't just find those things anywhere. Oh wait, yes you can.

;)

7. no i will not buy it, i talked to the guy yesterday. he said he will sell the cab for $1200 american plus shipping ($1900+ canadian)

I can drive an hour come home with a brand new one for $1450 canadian. it must be the polishing cloth that makes the price so much more.