1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is Fender got any new short-scale offerings?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kahrmine, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

May 25, 2013
    I really want one of those Modern Player shortscale P/J basses they put out a few years ago, but they cut that line short and they're rare.

Anything else I should look for?

2. Although not a Fender per se, the Squier Short Scale is similar. There is a short sclae coming out soon with the Fender name that is a 3/4 size P.J. if it is not out already. I do not recall what it is called but it looks the part.

3. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

May 25, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. Which squier shortscale are you talking about? Does it have a gloss neck?

4. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    Kahrmine likes this.
  5. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

May 25, 2013
    Thanks for the tip. This is as close to my dream bass as i could get. Put some money down on one this week.

Duder likes this.
  6. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
  7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The threrad title hurts my feelings.

8. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

May 25, 2013
    It's funny you post this because actually Fender has not listed these Offset basses on their website whatsoever. Me and a GC rep tried to find them there last weekend, and they were nowhere to be found.

Methinks Fender likes to do these cool styles in quick runs to stir up fervor over the internet, but then they only do a short run of them and stop. Kinda like the modern player jazz bass of a few years back. Those are rare as hen's teeth now, which is why i jumped on the opportunity to buy this unique mustang.

I bet in a year I could get more than the original cost.