Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is Fenders Sunset Orange Transparent Hideous?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B'Aces High, Jun 25, 2003.

1. I have never seen this finnish in person, only in pics. So i was just wondering what people think of it who have seen it in person.
    I am currently thinking about getting a new MIA P-bass and i was just exploring my colour options. :p

2. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Ive seen that clor on a jazz, and i thought it was pretty cool looking. It was a refrehing change from sunburst or black.

3. Thats what i was thinking. They only give 6 colour options this year...and SOT is one of them.

Too bad they discontinued white blonde :(

4. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Anyone have a pic, the color sounds pretty cool.

5. I believe this is the colour here:

6. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the pics B'Aces High.

I like it.
    It looks more red than orange (may be the pic), but I like it.
    A bright transparent orange would be cool.

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think a real orange transparent color would be cool too.

that one looks pretty nice.

8. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    From those pics, I'd say that the color just looks great.

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Hey, I wish that i could paint my truck that color. Boy, that would stick out really well.

10. The Sunset Orange Transparent finish can be inconsistent. I've seen HRP basses that range from a deep red to a really light orange. I liked this particular colour with the tortoise pickguard and rosewood fretboard. The picture posted would be an example of a finish that is on the deep red side.

11. I'd really dig it if it was lighter...

like the color of this guy's face:

:oops:

I'd always like to have a transparent orange bass...

that'd be neat:)

12. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    yeah Osama,

lighter and brighter. I like.

13. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
  14. This one looks nice with the tortoise pickguard. I've only seen them previously with the white pickguard. They looked more like the tangerine color with the standard white pickguard. Also the basses I saw (at GC) were priced about $100 higher because of the ash body. I still liked it, but would have a hard time justifying the extra $100. If the bass had the tortoise pickguard, I'd find the extra $.

15. I've got a HotRod P-Bass in this color and I really like it. I did remove the T-Shell pickguard and replace it with a Black Pearl. Just my preference in colors. Every time I use it I get a lot of comments. Most are positive, and a few are negative. I haven't seen that many of them, but from some of the comments here, I'd have to say mine is a deep orange. But you can easily see the wood grain through the finish.

16. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I played a ash bodied Jazz bass at GC with this color and it was pretty sweet!! The grain jumped right out of the finish at you when the light hit it right.
    The bass was set up like crap so played like doodoo but it sure looked nice.

17. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Sweet....wish they had that option when I got my P.