1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is Gary Willis from this planet?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jzucker, May 13, 2006.

1. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Man,

After listening / watching his instruction video and going back and listening to some of his stuff that I haven't listened to for quite some time, I've concluded he must be from another planet.

Anyone know what he's up to? Last time I checked he was moving to spain. He had been doing gigs at Borders and other small shops and it seemed like he was disgusted with the local music scene (I believe it was in Oregon)...

Anyway, he apparently has a new CD out (Slaughterhouse 3) which I can't find anywhere.

Just wanting to start a dialog here...

2. No he isn't. But Shhhhhhhhh:ninja: .......

Your not supposed to know that....

And I didn't tell you:bag: ..........

3. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K

he did a couple of solo gigs with his band in the uk in october and a clinic that i was at, otherwise i don't know, keep us posted if you find anything

Dave

4. Gary Willis and my dad look like they are the same person and they even talk with the same hand motions. I swear there were like 5 times during the first class I took with him where I looked up and thought it was my dad. He is pretty wild though. Check out his stuff with scott henderson if you havent heard it

5. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Yeah, I've got all that stuff. ;)

6. 64jazzbass

64jazzbass

Sep 5, 2002
    Chicago, Il
    I think his web page is still up www.garywillis.com

Great player, it's hard to cop your own voice on the fretless post Jaco, but he's done it.

7. There are some good clips of him live here - with this amazing Dutch drummer Sabastiaan Cornelissen:

http://www.sebastiaancornelissen.com/downloads.htm

I saw them at the Vortex gig (there are some clips here) last years an it was incredible - Willis is a big hero of mine.

M