1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is Genz Benz STL-10t still great?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by john-boro, Dec 5, 2018.

1. john-boro

john-boro Supporting Member

May 8, 2009
    Sup DB folks.

I’m in the process of selling off a genz Benz shuttle 3.0-10t combo plus STL-10T extension. Nice rig but I prefer some 1x12s for electric especially.

However something’s telling me it might be good to keep back a 1x10 STL-10 as a small, light 16lbs upright cab. I always hated that they had no tweeter controller, but they have the kickback stand etc. and in any case I think I like a tweeter on upright bass (any thoughts here?).

So my question is what’s new in the world of little cabs that are great for upright and can handle ~250-300 watt to be used as a decent electric bass rig too in a pinch? If the STL-10t is still ahead of the bunch perhaps I should keep one. Just makes it a bit more annoying not being able to sell the shuttle head as a combo.

Any tips appreciated.

2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I used to have your rig. I loved it.
    I sold it and went to the new Genzler MG:50 Combo. Don’t even need the extra cab for my gigs. But it would make a heck of a “mini” stock like the /Shuttle does/did.

Zbysek likes this.
  3. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    There's the Trace Elliot 1x10. Tweeterless, 16lbs. Barefaced has a light weight 110 buts it's kinda pricey. I've never played either one myself though.
    I've been looking for the Genz 10t extension cab. Message me if you're interested in selling.

powerbass and Zbysek like this.
  4. rickwolff

rickwolff CGJ Emeritus (Certified Gear Junkie) Retired??? Supporting Member

A bit heavier combo at 27 pounds but I'm still loving my Genzler Acoustic Pro Gollihur model. I used to have the GB 3.0 8t (I know, yours is the 10t) but there is no comparison. Also the fact that its 2 channels with phantom power for my condenser mics. It's a killin little rig.

Zbysek and Ric Vice like this.
  5. Matt Ides

Matt Ides Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I loved the 8T and had the extension for years but the Crazy 8 replaced the cabs. Now my main rig is the Shuttle 3.0 with Crazy 8. Crazy eight works great for upright, electric, and uke bass.

powerbass, Zbysek and Ric Vice like this.
  6. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    My advice :) :D :laugh: keep the Shuttle 3.0-TenT it sounds great is very light weight and matches quite well with Double Bass and Electric bass. They have newer amps that sound very good
    but their more expensive and have many of the same features as your Shuttle 3.0 10T with a few addons. You should check out Mike Arnopol's MAS 1/8 cabinet (incredible) and Duke LeJune's Birdhaus 4x6

Zbysek likes this.
  7. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I have the same combination (GB Shuttle 3.0-10T with extension 10T). I love it! I know there are new cabs which outperform it (I have some of those) but it still is a good sounding combo and its practicality is wonderful.

I keep it even though I don't need it, strictly speaking. I know that I woudl probably not be able to buy it again if I sold it...

8. Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    This was my power mini-stack.
    Mini stack.JPG

Zbysek likes this.
  9. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    8T, correct?

10. Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yep. This was the 8T. For the size and power output it was hard to beat.

Zbysek likes this.
  11. powerbass

powerbass Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2006
    western MA
    I'll buy your 10t extension cab!

Zbysek likes this.