Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is Hartke disappearing?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greywoulf, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Has anyone been able to contact Hartke at the various email addresses provided on their website? Everyone of them bounces back with a "no longer existing address" message...!

What gives? Are they folding, or what?

Greywoulf

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    "Are they folding, or what?"

Boy, I hope so. World's trashiest gear (especially the speakers). :)

3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    You forgot IMO. It is comforting to know that my gear is trash.

4. Gee just think how good I'd be if I didn't use the worlds trashiest gear! ;)
    Arn't they owned by Samson? Hartke really hasn't come out with much new is the past several years. They may be getting phased out, who knows. I remember when everybody thought they were great. Now everybody thinks they are crap. Go figure? :meh: I've had great service from my 4.5XL. I've never cared for any of their other speakers, but the XL stuff is great.

5. asian fish

asian fish

Mar 18, 2003
    I'll ignore that... :meh:

6. Well, I've never been a fan of their speakers just because of the tone, but I've had two 3500 amps and I think they're great sounding, flexible amps, and they have a lot of bang for the buck. The best thing is that I bought one of them who blew up the output section, and ordered the replacement module from Hartke, and it cost me about $60. I've spent that much just on transistors for other amps with less than 1/3 the power. I say thumbs up!

Reliability was never an issue either. Of course I should point out that I never gigged regularly with either one of them.

7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Guess I should throw out my HA2000 amp and 210TP cab then. I didn't realize what crap I had. Thanks for guiding me to the light. :rolleyes:

8. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    :rolleyes:

Well, that's it!! I threw all my Hartke stuff in the dumpster this morning. I'm glad that my eyes have been opened to the error of my ways. What the hell have I been thinking all these years??!?!

Now I'll just sit here and wait for someone to come along and edumicate me as to what kind of amps I SHOULD be using.

:rolleyes:

;)

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I guess my Hartke 3000 and the new Hartke 5500 I just bought are both crap. Should I now toss them? :rolleyes:

What a bunch of crock! :spit:

10. I'd love to join the sarcasm convention, but IS Hartke going out?!

I know the 3500s might be gone soon, but the company i dont think so...I forget who owns them, but I doubt it...maybe just a customer service rehall or server errors.

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Just got this back from Samsontech. So the e-mail is working fine.

All email addresses are functioning properly. Please allow at least 5
    business days for a reply.

Please include any previous messages so I can answer your questions
    properly.

Regards,

Joseph Antonelli
    Samson Technologies
    Customer Service Representative
    Service Center Coordinator

12. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Ah yes, feel the love...

13. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    All sarcasm aside--I've sent email to Samson (Hartke) and it has taken quite long for them to reply. However, they have been good about answering all the email that I've sent to them. They've always been helpful and answered all my questions.

14. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
  15. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

WHAT dumpster? WHEN? WHERE??

Greywoulf

16. the 5500 head was recently released, if back cover adverts on BP are any indication. they also had a massive string giveaway to promote their new bass strings, again accompanied by back cover adverts on BP.

of course, we already know the lack of contact was an email server glitch. this information is provided to assure you hartke fans out there that they're not only not being phased out, they're actually releasing new stuff.

robb.

17. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I should know! I just bought the new HA5500!

18. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    SWR is ramping up as the next whipping boy. ;)

Who's next, Ashdown or GK? :p

19. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Yeah, well that's quite some glitch... Must be a permanent one! I just tried again (a day later) to email them at the following addresses (supplied at their website) and the mail keeps bouncing back with "Permanent Failure; Other Address Status..."

****, if I can contact them about my current stuff, I sure as hell ain't gonna buy no new crap from them..!! :spit:

hartke@samsontech.com
    info@samsontech.com

20. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

SWR deserves it; worst sounding crap inna universe! I got a WorkMan's 10, it's just about useless for anything, including getting a good enough tone for practicing...
    (IMO-IMO-IMO-IMO-IMO-IOM!!!!!!!!!! Okay?) :spit:

Greywoulf