Is heavy...too heavy? Please read.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by volumefiend, Jan 21, 2004.

1. hey all, i am asking those who know strings which strings will give me the most depth for the guage. i guess this translates to i play metal and im too lazy to find which strings would be best. i've a warwick thumb 4 b/o. see---if i go too heavy, then the neck adj. and intonating will be a serious hasshole. im already using a heavy set of boomers, which suck IMO. i like heavy and i want depth, and im sure this question has been answered a hundred times, but lets make it 101. so, how heavy can i go with my four string to prevent buzzing, intonation problems, and neck adj. problems? what strings would you recommend for my...musical? influence? i tune b-e-a-d.
  2. Anytime you change string guages, you need to expect to have to set up your bass, ie, (buzzing, intonation problems, and neck adj.)

Heavy does not always equal depth either, this can be obtained by EQ on your Bass and Amp.

Sounds like you are asking a lot from your strings when they have a certain role in sound and most certainately feel.

Wish there were an easy answer to your delemia.