1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is In The Flash from Pink Floyd's The Wall the best opening act of all live concerts?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by _Obra_, Mar 17, 2021.

1. _Obra_

_Obra_

Feb 22, 2011
    Dictatorship
    Have you ever experienced greater opening song from a live concert then In The Flash from The Wall?

If so, please tell me which one it is, since I have never heard or seen one with better lyrics, more powerful music or a wiser visual idea for opening the event.

2. ClusterFlux

ClusterFlux Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Uh, yeah. You can start with "Echoes" from Live At Pompeii.

I have to say, "The Wall" is one of my least favorite albums.

Michedelic and _Obra_ like this.
  3. _Obra_

_Obra_

Feb 22, 2011
    Dictatorship
    "Echoes" are pretty damn good, but must disagree for The Wall.

For me, The Wall is a religious experience since I heard it for the firs time. Every time I listen to it even 35 years after the first time, I feel that something is changing inside me at the cellular level.

4. Splash7

Splash7 The Determined Bass Player Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Texas
    You mean like radiation poisoning, or something? Are you morphing into another life form?

_Obra_ likes this.
  5. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Yep, they jumped the shark for me on that album, it’s kind of boring, actually, and I really don’t care about anything that came after, it all sounds the same to me. I’d rather listen to Meddle or Saucerful. I don’t even own a copy of DSOTM. Never needed to. I saw them only once, on the Animals tour; they came without fanfare, played that album in its entirety, followed by all of WYWH, finishing up with an encore of “Money”. It would have been far more memorable for me if they’d opened with “One Of These Days”, or reversed the album order and kicked off with “Shine On...”.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021