1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it a bad thing to like the eff brand????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Psychicpet, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    so, in exchange for some playing I managed to acquire my first US Fender... is it bad for me to absolutely love this thing!!!! :bassist::bassist:

'75 P, DiMarzio p/up, and I think it might be an Odyssey bridge that might've been put on here in Vancouver by Atilla but I'm not sure....

DSC03891.

DSC03886.

DSC03885.

DSC03884.

DSC03880.

2. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Thats a cool 2-piece bridge. I've never seen one on a Fender body before.

3. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Nothing wrong with rockin' that, I certainly would! And that is indeed an interesting bridge. Nice score!:)

4. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Nothing wrong with Fender basses. I bought my first Fender over 40 years ago and still playing Js and Ps.

5. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    Where in the world did you come up with the idea that it's bad to own a Fender?

6. You can definitely get the impression from being around here that actually liking the biggest boy on the flock is a bad thing, but it's *definitely* okay to like Fender. I don't myself, but I'm still in the process of saving up for one because it's really the sonic equivalent of comfort food.

I'd try and find a bridge and pup from the bass's year, though that one's cool as well...

And by the way ? NICE score.

7. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    This is the lamest thing I've ever read on talkbass. Who cares if people don't like Fender. As long as you like them, great. I think it's pretty sad you'd need to look to a bunch of people on the Internet for validation. Would you get rid of that bass if everyone replied with something like, "Fenders are awful?"

8. Well, if he sent it to me, I'd support his position...

9. I think he was using it as an excuse to show off his new fender :D

Nice bass there, though not so keen on that bridge :/

:bassist:

10. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    haha,, sounds alot like me..

i always liked their basses,, but never liked the company

played everything except fenders for that reason

then picked up an am dlx jazz v in sweet trade ( couldn't pass it up )

and since, have picked up 2 squier jazz 5ers

& like all my other basses are screaming out,,,

hey,, what about me... lol

11. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004

Dude, this was totally tongue in cheek. Absolutely just a thread to get people looking in and to show off my new bass. Trust me, public forum is the LAST place I'd go for telling me what gear to like/not like , keep/get rid of.

12. 23travis

23travis

Sep 11, 2007
    Vegas, Baby!
    To me, it's just about what you like, and that is one cool ass bass! Not the kind of thing I'd buy in a million years, but only because I've got a long list with a Rickenbacker "Hump" to get over in second place on that list (first is a Yamaha BB1200 -- not that expensive, but it's just tough to FIND one!).

If you like it, and it does what you want, I'm cool with it.

I agree with moomoocajoo, yer just showing off!:p

13. Hey, if I got that, I'd be showing it off, too!

14. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    Ah yes I played that bass........I am surprised you pried that one away, someone must be digging their Dargie.

15. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    You say that now, but i take you at your first word. And yes it is absolutely lame for you to love that thing. But I'm here to help you. Ship it to me and I'll make sure it's disposed of properly. ;)

16. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Dargie(s) :smug:

ya, i was surprised too. Steeb did a quick shim and bridge adjust on it yesterday and it went from being able to drive a Winnebago underneath it to quite nice.

17. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    2 hmmm he have a 5 string per chance...

I seem to remember it could use some adjusting...Hopefully I will be able to grab my incoming p this week.

18. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I have been gigging mostly my Sadowskys and Musicman basses these days (due to the type of music I am playing) but I would never sell my '74 P or '97 62RI P. I love the sound of a P and still drag them out from time to time. In fact, I currently own 9 Fenders (4 are on eBay about to be sold though).

People on this forum might seem to have Sadowsky, Roscoe, Alembec, Lull, Benevente and Stammies on the brain, but most realize how good Fenders can be IMO.