1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it a good Idea? Ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by test dude, Oct 2, 2008.

1. test dude

test dude

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island NY
    Hey, so i have the ampeg SVT 410 HLF and am looking for a little more sound. ive been searching used for a 6X10 but have come across and 8x10 for like 425 just needs some of the outside cloth replaced. I have a small honda civic 2dr and take the seat out with my 4x10 but am thinking about getting a little trailer if i got the 6x10. So.. do you think i should get the 8x10 for 425 even though its huge. or should I just keep searching for a 6x10? thanks
    Oh yeah and its for like clubs and other medium sized places.

2. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    FWIW your HLF is the lowest cab (frequency wise) that ampeg makes. i have one and also use a 15" cab for big gigs. using a trailer for gigs seems like a lot of trouble. have you thought about just adding another cab to what you have already?

3. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    IME, the 610HLF sounds better and is easier to move around/transport than the 410HLF. I know the 610 ways more, but the tilt-back design and towell bar make it a breeze to get it around.

4. xOriginalNinjax

xOriginalNinjax

Sep 21, 2006
    IN
    I would go with the 610, and you can fit it in the passenger seat, if the seat is tilted all the way back....used to do that with my Ampeg 215 in my Civic.

5. test dude

test dude

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island NY
    Cool thanks guys, i guess ill just keep searching for the 610 if i can find it used. Lets see how far ill have to go. :p