1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is it a problem if a few drops of water rain through the grate/onto the speaker cone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rob_the_bassist, Apr 14, 2009.

1. my cab got a rained on a little bit today on the way back from rehearsal...some water droplets landed onto the speaker cone.

is the cabinet damaged?

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

It should be fine. Wait till it dries before using it.

3. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

A few drops won't do anything (though still don't play it until it is completely dry). Now, if it had gotten soaked, you'd have a problem.

4. No.If only you knew what mines been thru over the years.

5. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    I always place my cabs face down on a blanket if there is any chance it could get rained on...

6. meatwad

meatwad Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    I've seen the bottom two 12's of a Carvin guitar cab be completely submerged for two days due to a flood, and come out working perfectly. The owner just let them dry out for several days before using them.

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    It called a slip cover. Not too expensive and solves the problem of rain. Protecting your expensive gear that you saved and worked hard for should be a primary focus. All my cabinets have slip covers and all my other equipment is in waterproof rack cases.

Paul

8. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Woodburn, Oregon
    I have not got the dough for some real covers for my 1x15 combo and my 2x10 extension... BUT:

for around 5 bucks, you can get a box of 30 or so... Big lawn n garden trash bags. I cover my amps whenever I take em anywhere (I live near Portland: RAIN!). Not glamorous, and I intend to get better covers soon, but the bags are great as far as keeping the rain off, and you just pull another out of the box when you need...