1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it bad to become involved/intimate with someone in your dorm/apartment ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Sep 29, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Is it bad to become involved/intimate with someone in your dorm/apartment ?

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    No, but if you become involved, you're screwed.

:D

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    +1. If it fails, be prepared to move unless you can prove you have the moral high ground.

4. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I try to envolve into someone better every day. If tomorrow it's my roommate, so be it.

5. Depends on the amount of separation between you and that person (i.e. do you live in the same building, but separate apartments, or does your dorm have a suite-like arrangement where you all have separate rooms, etc.).

But generally, I'd just say it will lead to awkwardness, drama, etc. So... no.

Bad idea.

6. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    not a problem, unless the two of you arent able to handle your relationship like adults after wards, if it does fall apart or end.

7. I got involved with someone in my apartment complex. It turned out pretty good. We've been married for 14 years now and have a beautiful 7-year old girl.

8. No! Normally it wouldn't be a problem. In your case you will probably bore the person of interest TO DEATH with your questions :)

9. Being intimate at your apartment seems like a good idea to me.

10. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    it's all good so long as you're realtively certain that both parties have checked their BS baggage at the door.

11. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I met my wife back in the dorms at NU...

12. I carry as much BS as I can, and then ask the chick to hold it for me while I get drunk. It's the best way to handle it and costs less on storage.

13. Go Huskers!:hyper:

14. Just ask yourself if she's worth the trouble. If yes, then go for it. If not, then let it go.

15. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    If it is the same dorm/apartment, yes. If it is the same building, no.

16. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Only family is off-limits. :)

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Don't ask that question around here. There is a whole movement of Leykis 101 wannabes around here who yell out the "hit it and quit it" line every chance they get to any guy that mentions anything about a woman.

-Mike

18. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    hit it and quit it

19. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    If it goes down the creek things will probably be awkward for a while. But you only live once!

20. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Ha! You are funny... :D

I am unsure about the answer to this question. But I guess it would probably be fine as long as it wasn't a really bad breakup.