Is it just me, or is this years Warped Tour totally gonna ROCK!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    just look at the band list so far

The Used
    The Distillers
    Face to Face
    Less Than Jake
    Poison the Well
    Western Waste
    the Ataris
    Taking back Sunday
    Pennywise (July 4-15, July 30 - Aug 10)
    Dropkick Murphys
    Suicide Machines
    Andrew W.K.
    Western Waste
    the Unseen
    From Autumn to Ashes
    Tsunami Bomb
    The Starting Line
    Simple Plan
    7th Standard
    One Man Army
    Brand New
    Authority Zero (select dates)
    Vendetta Red (select dates)
    Count the Stars (select dates)
    Finch (select dates)
    Places to Park (select dates)
    Avenged Sevenfold (select dates)
    Plain White T's (select dates)
    Coheed and Cambria (select dates)
    Arkham (select dates)
    theLINE (select dates)
    New Transit Direction (select dates)
    Avoid One Thing (select dates)
    Ill Kid (select dates)
    Me First and the Gimme Gimmes (select dates)
    Story of the Year (select dates)
    Yellow Card (select dates)
    Mad Caddies (select dates)
    Count the Stars (select dates)
    Rufio (select dates)
    Slick Shoes (select dates)
    All American Rejects (select dates)
    Destruction Made Simple (BBQ Band)

there are so many good bands on that line up....its definatly gonna be worth the money...

im going August 10 in Asbury Park NJ

2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    See, to me, that lineup looks pretty weak. But that's just me. ;) If you get a chance, stop by the Coheed and Cambria stage. I saw them a few weeks ago, and they rocked my wizorld. Othwerise, The Mad Caddies and Less Than Jake would be the only reasons you would see me there.

Last year's rocked. Alkaline Trio, Hot Water Music, Flogging Molly and Tiger Army. Good times.
  3. I'm surprised NOFX isn't on it anymore, they were one of the mainstays of the tour...First them, then Bad Religion, Rancid can't be far behind.

Also, I thought LTJ was only going to play a few dates,not the whole tour..
  4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    This isn't the best Warped line-up, but it will definitely be one hell of a day.
    Of course, I'll be hanging out with LTJ for a good portion of the day, but that's beside the point. :D
    Rancid, AFI, AWK, Pennywise, DMs, Me1st, Mad Caddies...that will make the day worth it.
    NOFX isn't playing because Me1st is. They never do both bands on the tour in the same year. Last year it was NOFX, year before was Me1st, year before that was NOFX, etc.
    I thought Avail was playing some dates, too?
  5. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    It'll be pretty good this year. I'm pretty pumped about LTJ being there. They've been one of my favorite bands for a while. I'm also really looking forward to seeing the Distillers. Suicide Machines and DKM are good too. Really bummed Flogging Molly isn't going to show up this year. They had a hell of a show last year and every other time i've seen them.
  6. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    NOFX will probally do their own tour as The War on Errorism will be coming out. I don't think this year will be as good as last year. NOFX, Bad Religion, Flogging Molly and Hot Water Music, what more could you ask for! :D
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    music related means miscellaneous goodness.
  8. Mmmm Rufio. I'm seriously retarded for not going to see them with Sugarcult and The Ataris in december.
  9. JizzDogg

Nov 4, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    I'm going and getting close to death drunk again hopefully. 120 Beers split amongst 5 guys last time for 2 days.

Thrice, Thursday (if you haven't seen them), AFI, and Taking Back Sunday (despite their lack of live show lyrics) will be the bands to see.

I'll be there, 7/5 Seattle.
  10. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    My buddy will be on this tour so I'm sure I'll be getting laminates for a couple shows. Which of these bands do I HAVE TO see? I'm only familiar with 3 or 4 of them....not my typical cup of tea so I'll need some suggestions.
  11. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    No, that's me too.

My brother wanted me to go with him last year in Pittsburgh, but I saw the lineup and said "No Way." The only band I wanted to see there was Small Brown Bike, but then again I've seen the Bike at least 6 times already over the years.

I guess I'm just not into this watered-down mall punk stuff. YMMV.
  12. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    It's just you :D
  13. dammit, why can't rancid just do their own tour? they're the only band listed that i wanna see, and i'd rather do it without withering heat and idiot crowd-surfers. one warped tour is enough for me.
  14. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Goodness... I just looked at that list properly. I've only heard of *ONE* of those bands (Less Than Jake). And I can't claim to be familiar at all with their music.
  15. joke

Sep 17, 2001
    Yeah, the line up does look real good. Over here we dont get that many good bands on at once, last time i remember a kind of punk tour over here would have been deconstruction, and the only bands on it worth seeing would have been Lagwagon and MidTown. The line up looks amazing, enjoy it for me. :)
  16. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That list is fake!! Where are the Mighty Mighty Bosstones? :D
  17. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I'm a bigger guy, and the kids are always coming up to me saying, "Put me upp, dude!" Then I say "No." They look sad, walk away, and I laugh at them. :D If they stay I give them a lecture on how most taller people don't like getting kicked in the head.
  18. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
  19. now that i see who's gonna be there, i'm definitely not going. ew...just gross, if you ask me. rancid and the used would be cool, but the rest is not for me.