is it just me or.......

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, May 26, 2001.

1. Master Of Puppets

6 vote(s)
  2. Enter Sandman

6 vote(s)
  3. Of Wolf and Man

0 vote(s)
  4. Fuel

0 vote(s)
  5. Other...

8 vote(s)
  1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    is it just me or am i the only person in the world with a folder full of metallica tabs and i can only play a few of them???

In a couple of days my band and i have to play a few metallica songs in front of the whole skool. im hoping to empress a few girls to but WE DONT KNOW WHAT TO PLAY! all of us can pick up songs preety easy so if a couple of u guys could recommend a few decent, easy metallica songs or anything like metallica it would be very much appreciated

Thanks a million
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Just right off hand, I'd say "Nothing Else Matters."
    "Enter Sandman" isn't too bad either. Try some of the songs off "Garage, Inc." such as "Last Caress," which is a Misfits cover. That's just right off hand.
  3. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    I LOVE MetallicA!!!!!!!!!

If your guitarist(s) is/are good enuff learn Orion, and the bass solo Anesthesia......

Anesthesia took me a couple days to learn but was well worth it!!!!!! orion is pretty easy to learn kicks major ass!!!!!!! CLIFF RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Learn those two songs and the girls will be wetter than the Pacific ocean!!!!! :D
  4. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    P.S. there is no way in HECK that anybody can pick 1 song to be the best, because they ALL KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Is this thread about the easiest Metallica song for your band to play, or the best Metallica song ever. As far as ease, Enter Sandman ought to do. As far as best....I have to say "Seek and Destroy"...or..."Am I Evil" (cover)...or..."Sanatarium". Pretty much anything before the Black album.
  6. Come on now you have to play The Unforgiven. It rox! And the girlies dig it.
  7. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.

MWA HA HA ok im alright
    yeah so i know a bit of pulling teeth and not much of orion but this is a gropp of people aged....what.....12-19 so yeah

enough about me laets BRAG BOUT METALLICA
    ok im on a high gonna go listen to re-load he he he
  8. Hey Snowblind did you say you learned pulling teeth in "a couple day's" man i must be doing something wrong I have been working on that for weeks, I can play it with the music in front of me but as soon as I take it away i am done.
  9. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    Keep practicing dude, you'll get it!!!!!!! I picked up bass really fast, so I've been told by a lot of guitarists. I all I can say is to keep practising and you'll get it.

.....maybe I'm Cliff Burton reincarnated!!!!!!!!?

hahahaha I WISH!!!!!!!

Hey Kirby!!!!! LEARN EVERY METALLICA SONG!!!!!!

I really like the peanuts theme they did, that is so damn cool!!!!!!
  10. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    OH MY GOD!
    um ok whateva!
  11. the only metallica song i care for is unforgiven. and i like the cover of "turn the page."
  12. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I would say that you should learn "Of Wolf and Man" also try your luck with "King Nothing" both have really great bass lines. You know to impress the ladies :)
  13. I'd say Orion for sure, although the nice little interlude solo 4 min in took me 3 bloody weeks to learn, and Nothing Else Matters is a must. Same with Sanitarium, and all of you forgot one of the greatest songs they ever did, Fade To Black.

And the Orion bass interlude solo thingy sounds bloody good with a flanger.
  14. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

I'd have to say "Don't tread on me" is my favorite metallica song. There isn't anything special about the bass playing but it's just a kick ass song.
  15. ToolChick

ToolChick Guest

May 26, 2001
    Sacramento, California
    It's definitely a turn-on when guys can play an instrument well (only if they're good though, and especially on bass, but that's probably only because I play too.) Also, I think bass players are probably...better with their hands. My ex plays, and DAMN.
  16. definitly play 'for whom the bell tools". its a great song and is easy to play. as for impressing girls i have found that chicks go wild during the intro when we play around the world by the red hot chili peppers.
  17. if you want the crowd to go crazy, try Hit the Lights. :)
  18. Orion, The Call of Ktulu, The Four Horsemen, To Live is to Die. Those are the best IMO. Check em all out man. Great music.
  19. dude, you even play the breakdown? You must have spent a lot of time in those few days learning that stuff man. Dude, it took me a few weeks to learn it. I'd learn a part.. murder the hell outta it and the work the next area in and then keep that motion up. I don't even play the breakdown like Cliff.. I only use a few things like the tap harmonics which I love doing. :)
  20. Are you guys only talking about cool Metallica songs for the bass player? I could play the bass for most Metallica songs but our guitarist sure as heck couldn't pull off most of Hammett's solos.