Is it just me...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Sep 23, 2005.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Or does Geddy Lee sound ALOT like a female in almost all rush songs? I found out a few days ago he sang as well, and then listened to some Rush, and still found it hard to beleive that was a guy.

Anyone else agree, or am i going insane?

(not to say i dont like his voice, it just sounds like a girls)
  2. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    my drummer once said "i like rush but that chick's voice sucks" and he was quite adamant about it being a woman when i told him he was wrong.

good times!
  3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Hey hey, let's not say things we can't take back.

Yea, he's got quite a high voice. He's probably got the range to be a counter-tenor. Damn close anyway
  4. Geddy Lee can sound like a female, but he doesn't so much on Rush's newer albums, like Vapor Trails and Roll The Bones. But he does sound femenish (sp?) on the earlier albums like Caress of Steel and some of those. But still, it wouldn't be Rush if it wasn't that way would it? :)
  5. Seigi

Jul 3, 2005
    Jon Anderson as well. Though, he doesn't play bass. I find it kind of amusing that the vocalists for both Yes and Rush have high voices, since Rush was very much influenced by Yes.
  6. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I think it's just you. Yes, his voice is high - especially on the earlier albums, but I wouldn't say he sounds like a female.

I like the old Geddy screaming. His newer baritone-like range is fine, but I like the old stuff, too. I noticed they do 2112 down a step (D instead orf the original E) these days. Geddy's not getting any younger is he?
  7. The first time I heard Rush I thought it was a female vocalist.
    Many people hearing early Rush have thought this.
  8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Check out Judas Priest