Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Jul 8, 2008.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Or do the people who seem to be the biggest preachers about consumption also seem to be the biggest consumers? Wether it's energy, or resources or in this case of food, you think they would have at least the common sense to look at their own consumption first? I guess living by example is no longer instyle:rollno:

You have to love this story, oh the irony!:D

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article4286365.ece

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/257105

http://www.theage.com.au/national/chewing-over-the-food-crisis-20080708-3bwl.html

In a related story Pamela Anderson just auctioned her Dodge Viper off to help support PETA's awareness program for the use of animal products in clothing ,furniture, handbags and like...duh....VIPER LEATHER SEATS!:D

I couldn't make this stuff up!:p

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gEftm0g6CvV6929NS2rMcbsx2r2QD91KM97G1

2. I was talking about this today actually.

Seeing Gordon on the TV preaching about us wasting too much food. Well, if we buy less food, it is still going to cost us as the prices will go up! I didnt think it was 24 dishes at the G8, was it not 18 courses? (not that that is much better!)

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I don't know about you, but no matter how much food I eat, its not wasted. Its only wasted when I don't finish what I eat. Does anyone know if there were leftovers from the G8 meal? If not, to my mind, the food wasn't really wasted. Of course, its not as funny if you think about it practically. (shrug)

4. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Gotta love John Travolta who warns us about global warming then takes a ride with one of his planes.:smug:

5. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I looked up Gordon Brown, and he appears to be of moderate weight for a middle aged male with a sedentary job. Chronic over-consumption of food is difficult to hide.

A fancy meal could involve less food than supper at an American mall chain restaurant, where grotesque portions are served on 24-inch plates. :D

6. Jeremy Crockett

Jeremy Crockett Supporting Member

You... you say that like it's a bad thing.

:( :bawl: :D

7. They worked too hard to get where they are so they should be able to take in the perks. Or something like that :rolleyes:

IMO, they should be served half a bowl of rice and a glass of dirty water. Then they can see how 30% of the world lives. All world leaders should be forced to live in a village somewhere in Africa for a month (live like the local) before they can take office. That would put things into perspective for them. The G8 summit is down the road from my best friends cottage next year (or maybe 2010), I am going, might not protest or anything, but I want to see what it is like.

lowsound

8. steve21

steve21 Inactive

He's a terrorist. Obviously.

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    It was probably a degustation menu. No Burk, that doesn't mean the food was disgusting.

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    :p

11. Robert B

Robert B Somewhere under the rainbow Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Rittman, OH, USA
  12. Maybe the G8 dinner was tapas and everyone actually left dinner hungry after 8 courses.

13. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA

mmmm, tapas....

14. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio!

Jul 3, 2001
    Santa Ana, Calif.
    Former Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Did they waste food or consume an extraordinary amount of it at the summit? That counts more than the number of courses, especially if it was a dinner served Japanese style.

15. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I'm hungry...

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021