Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is it just me?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by westendrioter29, Jun 5, 2002.

1. is it just me or are warwicks heavy basses. i picked one up todat at gc and i was like o sh**. i would think it would be uncomfortable to play standing up. well just my oppinion

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    No not just you, they are neck heavy basses, but not UNBEARABLE.

3. Some are heavier than others--depends on the model. What did you play?

Mike

4. i dont remember what nodle but all i know is that it was heavy and that i loved to play it.

5. hmm...probably their small size accounts to the weight...

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah, I agree. I've played some Warwick Thumb bolt-ons that have been heavier than six-strings form other companies. A good wide strap will take a lot of that weight away, though.

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    awww, come on....they're not that heavy

8. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    The bubinga bodies are heavy indeed. Maybe that is why the thumb is so small bodied?

9. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    After picking up a Warwick for the first time the other day, I'd have to agree. But they're not as heavy as the T-40.

10. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    sissys. :p

my SSII clocks in at right around 12 lbs. about 1lb heavier than my thumb NT. but it has perfect balance so it feels like it weighs much less.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think Jason's got a valid point. When they balance correctly, they seem MUCH lighter. I know a thumb feels heavy because it's not balanced well, but other models feel pretty darned light, even though spec check makes them at nearly the same weight.

12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    It's all about the balance. my p-bass is way heavyer than my ATK, But the atk starts to feel heavy after while, think it's the neck on this thing, my shoulder feels like it's going to fall off, never happened with my p. But the Streamers i can take, but those thumbs are a little off balanced.

13. Some people may disagree with me, but when I first picked up my MIM deluxe Jazz, I thought it was going to kill my back, but after a year of heavy playing, I still don't notice the weight. like Jason said, its all about balance.