is it me or are MIJ fenders hard to come by generally?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rowan_Jazz_Head, Dec 24, 2003.

1. I am in england just so you know before I continue. Anyway, every fender dealer I've ever walked in always carry these Mexican standards and anything American. I have never seen a MIJ bass in a fender dealer before, infact the only time I ever see them is on Ebay. Is there a reason for their rareity? does anyone from the UK no an online source that stocks them or even a website that just has pictures of all the different MIJ models, just for interest. The only MIJ bass I have ever played was a sunburst '62 precision which a friend got from ebay and man was that a nice bass. The opinion that I have formed about MIJ basses is they do seem to handle all the unique fender lines and reissues.

Edited to delete racial slurs...
  2. h2o9753

Feb 18, 2003
  3. Ishibashi treat you like gold.

I ordered a bass from them this year, and they were a pleasure to deal with.
  4. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    The Fender Japan stuff does indeed look awesome... the walnut finish and Aerodyne Jazzes in particular... :D

Also, looks like a good place to score an Ibanez ATK... great, I've got GAS again now...

Russ :bassist:
  5. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    How much does shipping run for from Japan to the US?
  6. It was right about $100.00. Three days from them to your front door. Actually, your mailbox, as the Post Office delivered it!
  7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Rowan_Jazz_Head - see the edits I made to your post. Please don't use that word here - it's considered a racial slur in the US and other places!
  8. Althought Itsibashi have some tempting basses - that Walnut J in particular - us UK'ers have to pay import duty which bumps the price up way to much.

it's a shame...