1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it me or is Family Guy less funny and more predictable?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 29, 2008.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Maybe last night's new episode was just off. I mean, having to resurrect Loretta and another of Brian's girlfriends either looking like or having the voice of Drew Barrymore. Maybe they ought to just do a spin off called "Stewey Guy". Now THAT, I would watch.

2. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    You should just watch more South Park. It may be predictable, but it's always funny.

Venture Bros. is really, really good too.

3. lately i've been reverting to things as far back as the 90s in my cartoon and comedy watching. Ren and Stimpy, Robot Chicken (they're not old but who cares), Chapelle's show, and so on.

4. i have seen every episode of family guy, and honestly, i thought the same thing last night...
    it was so boring and stupid.
    i did get a few laughs (stewie saying "its rueeened" was a reference to the earlier "cool hhwip" joke, and the "hatweight" thing cracked me up) but its just not as good as some of the older stuff.

King of The Hill was a total dissapointment as well.
    KOTH is one of my all time favorites, but the new episodes are so boring that i cant even watch them.
    the same thing with the simpsons.

i have seen every episode of southpark (you can watch them on the southpark website for free), and i think that southpark is still a pretty good show.

5. lol you mean you DON'T like seeing bill acting crippled for life because he has diabetes?

6. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
  7. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    I don't see current Family Guy episodes enough to know whether they're getting too predictable...but I see the same damn episodes in syndication so often that I can certainly predict which show will be playing any given night!

The thing I've ecome to dislike about Family Guy is the gratuitous violence. Does Peter really have to shoot Lois in the head every other episode? It just stopped being funny after the third or fourth time.

8. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I meant predictable in the sense that you know you're in store for something horrendously outrageous... maybe I should have said "South Park is at least reliable in the sense that you know it's gonna be funny".

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I decided to watch it last night for the first time ever. I had been hearing about how funny it is for a long time. I cut out when it went to the first commercial break. I found it so-so funny, very predicatble, and more like a copy cat of previous shows like it.

Besides...I wanted to watch some more NFL highlights for the 20th time. :D :D

-Mike

10. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Woot Venture Bros.!

11. I really enjoyed last night's episode and everything else from Family Guy. Ready for season 5 to come out to DVD.

12. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    I thought last nights episode was good, funny stuff. New season w00t!

13. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    how family guy could return to tv and not futurama is beyond me...

however, the futurama movies are awesome.

14. I've been saying this for the past 2 years. I have to check out this new episode though. I didn't know the new season started yet.

15. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Family Guy is no longer funny, Seth McFarlane is a tool.

16. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I've never found Family Guy funny. Then again, I'm also part of the population that wants to euthanize Dane Cook so YMMV

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Meh, there were a couple of moments last night.

"I'm not a weatherman, but it raining bitches."

I laughed hard enough to get my wife to poke her head in and look at me funny. (Although that happens quite a lot in my world). :atoz:

18. "Roll up that window, your letting the stank out"

LOL.

the part where the girl was laying on the bed with the landing strip lights and the guy with the cones was hilarious too.

19. +1

+2

20. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    FG was a little disapointing .. but still some funny parts... still better than the Simpsons IMO i can't even bring myself to watch it at all any more ... but Metalocalypse and Venture Bros are my Fav's atm